Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Blank avionics screen problem still exists

It is hard to believe the black avionics screen problem continues to plague MSFS.  It seems to be across the board in the GA aircraft - 2 or 3 minutes into a flight and the avionics goes dead.  Geez Louise. Maybe Bert will solve the problem for Asobo. 😏

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks, but, the Q & A discussion above is about blank screens after a long flight.  Mine go blank within 3 min of start of a flight.  duh.

Regards,

Ray

18 minutes ago, raymar said:

Thanks, but, the Q & A discussion above is about blank screens after a long flight.  Mine go blank within 3 min of start of a flight.  duh.

Regards,

Ray

I think it still refers to the same thing, regardless. I can't recall exactly, but I think they said it's related to RAM (I will have to watch it again). When the sim comes across a RAM limitation, the first thing it does is shut down the avionics (if I'm remembering the discussion correctly). I don't have this issue when I'm flying (so far), so the cause is clearly a variable.

Edited by March Hare

OK thanks.  I didn't know I had a RAM limitation, especially at the start of a simple flight with a simple airplane, but, I will bide my time and wait for a fix.  

Regards,

Ray

1 hour ago, raymar said:

OK thanks.  I didn't know I had a RAM limitation, especially at the start of a simple flight with a simple airplane, but, I will bide my time and wait for a fix.  

Regards,

Ray

I was paraphrasing based on my faulty memory (memory leak). One of three issues they identified in relation to the avionics shutting down is memory leaks, so not exactly a RAM limitation in terms of how much you have, but in terms of a bug; and they know of a couple more bugs they're working on. As Seb said, they thought they had fixed the issue in the past, but it's reared its head again.

At least they are working on it. So that's the good news.

Yes, as long and Asobo continues with timely updates and hotfixes we can have hope for relief from these reluctant gremlins.  Unfortunately, many of these bugs also affect some of the 3rd party addons - payware and freeware.

Regards,

Ray

5 hours ago, raymar said:

Maybe Bert will solve the problem for Asobo. 😏

Bert has not seen this problem... at least not yet.. 🙂

• Like 3

Bert

14 hours ago, raymar said:

Regards,

Ray

Yep...had that happen ten minutes into a flight yesterday in the Longitude. 

16 hours ago, raymar said:

Regards,

Ray

Excerpt from Q&A transcript

Can you update us on the status of the issue where avionics go black after a long flight mostly on the Xbox Series X|S?

Seb – We posted a message on this on the website. What we found is that several root causes can result in having the black avionics issue. One is Xbox related, it’ most likely linked to a memory leak. When the system runs out of memory it shuts down the glass cockpit.

There was an issue on planes where the starter button doesn’t automatically turn off and drains the battery. If there’s no battery, avionics go black.

The other issue comes from some external devices.

There are maybe some other issues but for now we are looking at these 3 issues mentioned.

Give people power to really test their personality.

2 hours ago, SamYeager said:

Excerpt from Q&A transcript

Thanks SamYeager.  This is good information.

Regards,

Ray

20 hours ago, raymar said:

It is hard to believe the black avionics screen problem continues to plague MSFS.  It seems to be across the board in the GA aircraft - 2 or 3 minutes into a flight and the avionics goes dead.  Geez Louise. Maybe Bert will solve the problem for Asobo. 😏

Regards,

Ray

Are you using the TCA throttle quadrant? This is just your battery draining because starter switces are on. If the problem persists, delete all your starter switch bindings in the conttoller mappings and the problem is solved.

• Like 1

Yes, I have the TCA  basic throttle quadrant (still waiting on the addons).  We woulda thunk it. 😕 I will delete the starter switch bindings and hope that is what is causing the blank screens.  Thanks a million for the advice.

Regards,

Ray

2 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Are you using the TCA throttle quadrant? This is just your battery draining because starter switces are on. If the problem persists, delete all your starter switch bindings in the conttoller mappings and the problem is solved.

If the electrics are fully modeled, you should see the Amp meter(s) showing a drain, rather than a charge.. I would think.

Bert

I had the same problem with avionics until I realized that alternator (which bind to honeycomb quadrant switch by default) was in off position. Since then I keep it always "on" and problem with avionics is gone!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI