Sign in to follow this  
motishow

Lukla (VNLK) erratic vectors

Can anyone confirm if P2ATC give us erratic vectors to land in Lukla airport'

In my case it gives me vectors to land near of the airport instead of runway, don't know if its a P2ATC error or is my  iinstallation fault

If its a P2ATC error how to solve it?

thanks

Here the answer of navigraph.

Hi,
sorry for the delayed answer I have overseen it. We don´t have any terminal procedures for Lukla in our database so, this issue can´t be an issue from our side. Sorry, we can´t fix this … there are no terminal procedures existing for Lukla, therefore this must be any other reason rather a navdata issue.

Then Dave, can you fix it in pilot2atc ?  ATC are telling incorrect vectors for approx and it doesn’t seem an airac database problem

thanks

Edited by motishow

Despite the fact that there are no procedures at VNLK, the Navigraph data defines the runway positions that P2A uses for vectoring.  Based on your screenshot of the approach setup, the end of the runway is defined incorrectly in Navigraph.

I will contact them to see if they can fix it in the next revision.

Dave

• Like 1

Navigraph informed me that they are going to stop publishing airport data for airports without published approaches/departures.  However, this will just eliminate the bad data.

Once  the airport is not in the AIRAC data, then you should be able to edit the runway location in Taxi Mnt and it should be available for use in giving vectors as well as just taxi instructions.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

thanks a lot Dave

Is there a way to delete the two runways that are in the middle of the mountain ?

thanks

spacer.png

No.  When Navigraph removes the airport and runways from their database, then P2A will use the "Base Data" for runway information and the false runways will be gone.  So in about a month, they should disappear.

Currently, if an airport exists in the updated AIRAC data, the data created/edited by taxiMnt is only used for taxi instructions.  

Dave