Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

Navigraph Charts or Simbrief?

18 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Never used Navigraph Charts so can't help you there. Also don't use VR at all.Strike two!

Sorry I'm no help.

And my dog has fleas LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I used Navigraph and simbrief all the time

Thanks for so specifically making the very point of the entire foundation of the post. 

I found Navigraph Charts to not provide enough features to be able to use it on its own without SimBrief, and clearly so did you. So did Navigraph as they bought SimBrief. NC has many great features, but still wasn't feature-rich enough to cover all the bases. Not sure how that's hard for you to understand. 

Starting a reply by saying there's no need to reply serves zero purpose other than to antagonize, and you know it. 

Edited by Agrajag

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Anyone using Little Navmap too? That's what I use most of the time, and I wonder what Navigraph / Simbrief would add for me. I know about realistic charts, which admittedly would be nice, but other than that, I'm quite happy with LNM, even when doing my flight planning for the CRJ. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, pstrub said:

I know about realistic charts, which admittedly would be nice, but other than that, I'm quite happy with LNM, even when doing my flight planning for the CRJ. 

I will be trying this, but the charts are pretty key for me to get exact details of a procedure. If LNM doesn't have that then it's a case of still using multiple apps for what i hoped might be done in just one. 

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

12 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I found Navigraph Charts to not provide enough features to be able to use it on its own without SimBrief

So what  features  are missing  from Navigraph, you dont  need  simbrief  you can use  any  flight  planner  you  choose

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

12 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Thanks for so specifically making the very point of the entire foundation of the post. 

I found Navigraph Charts to not provide enough features to be able to use it on its own without SimBrief, and clearly so did you.

Starting a reply by saying there's no need to reply serves zero purpose other than to antagonize. 

Both simbrief and navigraph are best used together its way simbrief is own by navigraph. "antagonize" being toxic and calling someone a "roll" is not "antagonize"?

Its as simle as understanding you use Navigraph to keep all aircraft upto date,sim also and giving you every chart out there all under a wonderfull app also a more basic in sim map. Simbrief for flight planing. But even then Sky Vector can be better for VFR and then inport to simbrief.

You fly the CRJ, then you need navigraph as it also keep the CRJ upto date and is a one click option in the app. Just what more is there to know or you want. LMM is far more for VFR IMO.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I will be trying this, but the charts are pretty key for me to get exact details of a procedure. If LNM doesn't have that then it's a case of still using multiple apps for what i hoped might be done in just one. 

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't fly in real life, maybe that's why charts aren't a must for me, but still I want to get Navigraph at some point.

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

So what  features  are missing  from Navigraph, you dont  need  simbrief  you can use  any  flight  planner  you  choose

A more intuitive interface for one. I love what Navigraph provides and have paid them for years as a result. However, as anyone can clearly see, even many who also pay have stated, they still use other supporting products -- most notably SimBrief. On UI I was able to load EFB2, having never seen it before, and constructed a full flightplan in very short order including all dep/arr procedures -- something after a long time using NC still gives me trouble at times. 

It's nothing to do with "needing SimBrief", it's the feeling that you need to use something in addition to NC. I'm sure some people must use JUST NC, but that seems to be a rarity even just here in this thread. There's a reason for that, and it's likely very much to do with why Navigraph felt it important to buy them. In their messages about the purchase both sides talked about merging their feature sets -- something that wouldn't be needed if either product provided all the features of the other.

I want to re-emphasize that I am in NO WAY trying to suggest NC is bad product. It isn't. Quite the contrary and, again, why I've paid them for years. The goal of this thread was to find out if there was a way to simplify the process by using just one app. So far the only solution I've seen put forth towards that is EFB2, which I'm now looking at. Maybe it'll work for me and maybe it won't but that's why you ask the question.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

"antagonize" being toxic and calling someone a "roll" is not "antagonize"?

This is waste of time. You keep saying my point and ignoring that you keep saying it. Furthermore if you had nothing constructive to say, the best course was to say nothing. What good did it do to insult me?

My original question was, "Can I get all of what I need in just one of (SimBrief and Navigraph Charts)?" The clear answer here seems to be "no". Other solutions, like EFB2, were offered as a possible option and that was greatly appreciated. I'm now finding out about a tool I hadn't tried before.

Edited by Agrajag

23 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't fly in real life, maybe that's why charts aren't a must for me, but still I want to get Navigraph at some point.

Interesting. I don't fly in real life either, but I do enjoy the simulating of trying to get just a hint of what real commercial pilots experience. I'm not a big fan of GA/VFR flying. I get a real kick out of talking with real airline pilots and telling them about what's possible in the world of flight simulation these days. They're blown away to learn about VATSIM and are shocked when they learn that we know not only about SID/STARs, but also can recite their details. They can't believe we know how an FMS works, that we know startup procedures for jets, that we know about cabin pressures, etc. That tells me we're on the right path to getting that hint of their experience. 

Edited by Agrajag

BTW, one thing I do want to point out to people is that I do believe Navigraph is the big player here financially given their resources. I do anticipate that their Charts product will continue to add features likely at a rate and depth that other products may not be able to match. The question is if that's worth waiting for in the interim. 

This thread did get me to re-double my efforts in explorering more of NC and I do find I can eliminate AirNav from my process as a result. I still would like to see NC support elevation profiles (which I don't see here) and an option to select real-life flightplans as those are the ones most likely to be insisted upon for those on VATSIM. 

I took a look at LittleNavMap last night and my initial feel was that it's a great little product, but I just didn't feel comfortable with its look and feel. I also really like that both SimBrief and NC can be fully browser-based and both load incredibly fast. EFB2 takes a bit to get going. That's where my testing of options stands at the moment. 

Hopefully Navigraph will incorporate all of SimBrief's features into Charts at some point. It seems a bit silly to pay for a product only to still feel the need to use a free product that's from the same company. Time will tell.

For airliners: Both, simple as that. They are not the same, two totally different products that, however, are perfect matches.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darrenvox said:

simbrief...because i dont have a credit card i have never updated the navigraph airac cycle

sitting at 1600 or something

2003 is standard without a subscription, you should see if you have that installed in Simbrief.. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310