Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

Nvidia 496.49

I stopped my download after reading the release notes.  Seems to be mainly for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So...who's diving in first....?

I have nothing to lose.  I will report back in a few minutes.

I got exactly 1.257 more FPS with this driver!

• Like 5

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I got exactly 1.257 more FPS with this driver!

Thats probably a 2 or 3 % improvement and I would call that subtantial.

• Like 4

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

No luck for me - performed a clean installation of just the driver - rebooted, loaded FS and as usual, upon 75% loading a flight the program froze.

Back to the drawing board for me.

1 hour ago, crazydog said:

No luck for me - performed a clean installation of just the driver - rebooted, loaded FS and as usual, upon 75% loading a flight the program froze.

Back to the drawing board for me.

so... did anything different happen?

11 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

so... did anything different happen?

Not a thing - the usual loading up as normal, then click on launch flight from anywhere in the world (no add-ons) - loads to 75% as usual, then freezes.  No CTD - just have to exit by CTRL-ALT-DEL.  It's driving me insane since I had flawless game play for a good 3 weeks when first bought - nothing has changed to my computer hard/software other than FS updates.  I have tried every possible alteration that I've read about so far.  I have heard people in my situation actually reinstalling windows 10 only to find the error persists.

I'm still on 472.12 and it seems to be reasonably stable. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

36 minutes ago, crazydog said:

Not a thing - the usual loading up as normal, then click on launch flight from anywhere in the world (no add-ons) - loads to 75% as usual, then freezes.  No CTD - just have to exit by CTRL-ALT-DEL.  It's driving me insane since I had flawless game play for a good 3 weeks when first bought - nothing has changed to my computer hard/software other than FS updates.  I have tried every possible alteration that I've read about so far.  I have heard people in my situation actually reinstalling windows 10 only to find the error persists.

I've seen your posts here and there, and it's really sad to see that you're still not being able to enjoy the sim. 

Have you considered putting your hardware info in the signature, it would be easier for people to diagnose a little when having that info up front. 

Have you tried removing certain memory sticks, swapping their positions, or put in a friend's graphics card to see if that made any difference?

And is MSFS the only program that doesn't work for you?

I really hope you get it working!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

22 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I've seen your posts here and there, and it's really sad to see that you're still not being able to enjoy the sim. 

Have you considered putting your hardware info in the signature, it would be easier for people to diagnose a little when having that info up front. 

Have you tried removing certain memory sticks, swapping their positions, or put in a friend's graphics card to see if that made any difference?

And is MSFS the only program that doesn't work for you?

I really hope you get it working!

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes I have posted my hardware which is roughly the following:

3+ year old professional build (SCAN UK)

CPU Type    HexaCore Intel Core i7-8700, 4400 MHz (43 x 102)

Motherboard Name    Asus Prime Z370-A  (4 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 2 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

Motherboard Chipset    Intel Kaby Point Z370, Intel Coffee Lake-S

System Memory    16320 MB  (DDR4 SDRAM)

BIOS Type    AMI (03/06/2018)

Video Adapter    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB  (3 GB)

Disk Drive    WDC WD4004FZWX-00GBGB0  (4 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III) Black - where main part of FS is placed

Windows 10 64bit.

I have rolled back drivers, and unplugged all USB devices other than mouse/keyboard.  I've not tried swapping the graphics card, and perhaps I might purchase a newer once I get the cash.  Perhaps it will just magically start working one day:-)

Edited by crazydog
  • Like 1

Updated to this latest driver using Geforce Experience as always.... The update went smoothly as always. Took a brief sightseeing flight over Geneva with my EA-7 Edgley Optica. Everything was fine, smooth enjoyable flight.

Tapani Österberg

I’ve been using it since yesterday, no problem at the moment.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case