Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Nvidia 496.49 available

Downloaded and tried the new 496.49 Nvidia driver today.  So far I'm impressed with it, but you'll have to decide for yourself.  Flew from MUHA (Havana) to KMCO (Orlando), then on to KSAV (Savannah) and finally to KABE (Allentown).  Flew a Jetblue A-320 and had not a single hitch along the way.  No pauses or stutters significant enough to recognize.  Active Sky weather and an overall wonderful morning and afternoon flight experience.

Stan

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, spilok said:

Downloaded and tried the new 496.49 Nvidia driver today.  So far I'm impressed with it, but you'll have to decide for yourself. 

Great to hear. Would be nice to see your computer specs and what sim version you are using.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Remember the old saying...don't fix it if it ain't broke  🙂 .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

11 hours ago, W2DR said:

Conversely; If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. 😀

• Like 1

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

On 10/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, spilok said:

Flew a Jetblue A-320 and had not a single hitch along the way.  No pauses or stutters significant enough to recognize. 

Stan, were you getting those with previous versions of the drivers?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, were you getting those with previous versions of the drivers?

Ray, 

Directly on the Nvidia site:  Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Stan

14 hours ago, W2DR said:

If that were the case, we'd still be using a buggy pulled by a horse.  Progress seems to occur when the philosophy is as follows:   "If it ain't broke...BREAK it."!  It's the only way to denounce complacency and stagnation.  

But what do I know?

Stan

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JesC said:

Great to hear. Would be nice to see your computer specs and what sim version you are using.

Jesse

Using P3d V5.2

Here are my specs:  Approximately 2 years old

Jetline Systems Gravity GT2 (with additional features added to basic GT2 system)

Operating System:           Windows 11 Home Edition (64-Bit)
Chassis:                           NZXT S340 Elite Mid-Tower, Black
Motherboard:                    Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5, LGA 1151
Processor:                        Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock) 
Core                                 Six Core
CPU Cooling:                   Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid Cooling
System Memory:              32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz
Graphics Processor:        11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, PCI Express 3.0
System Power:                  850 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply
Sound Card:                      7.1 High Definition Integrated Audio
Primary Drive:                   1TB Samsung EVO 860 Solid State Drive (SSD)
NVMe SSD:                       1TB Samsung EVO PLUS 970 Solid State Drive (SSD)
NVMe SSD:                        1TB Sabrent Solid State Drive
Secondary Drive:                2TB Mechanical Drive
Optical Drive:                      20x DVD/CD Burner Drive (USB)

New LG 32" 4K monitor.

http://jetlinesystems.com/

Edited by spilok

2 minutes ago, spilok said:

Here are my specs: 

Thanks, Stan. That helps give more perspective. Nice system BTW.

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran

16 minutes ago, spilok said:

Ray, 

Directly on the Nvidia site:  Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Stan

Stan, I know how to get the drivers. You didn't answer my question.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, I know how to get the drivers. You didn't answer my question.

Whoops!  Sorry, Ray.  I read your question hurriedly and didn't answer it.  Right!  

With other drivers, it was sometimes yes and sometimes no.  The difference here is my update to Windows 11.  Some of the older drivers worked well with my former Windows 10 OS.  However, I noticed more mini stutters and pauses when I switched to Windows 11.  These new drivers are made for Windows 11, but also support Windows 10.

Again, I have begun to always delete my Shader folder and delete my current CFG when I change drivers.  I have pretty much perfected  the speed I've developed to set up my new configuration since I've done it so frequently.  Additionally, I always use DDU to uninstall my older drivers.  I've notice that DDU even works flawlessly for me with Windows 11 whereas DDU was often unable to finish correctly with my Windows 10 installation.

So, again, for me, the latest drivers and Windows 11 seems to make me a happy flier in P3d 5.2.

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

With other drivers, it was sometimes yes and sometimes no.  The difference here is my update to Windows 11. 

Ah right, that will make a difference perhaps but I’m not a fan of installing beta software.

1 hour ago, spilok said:

However, I noticed more mini stutters and pauses when I switched to Windows 11.  These new drivers are made for Windows 11, but also support Windows 10.

If you’re getting more stutters with 11 why stay with it?

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Again, I have begun to always delete my Shader folder and delete my current CFG when I change drivers. 

Deleting shaders is good but I’ve never deleted the cfg. I’m happy with my older drivers and W10. I’ll stay put for now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've been using the 442.19 drivers for a long time now. So, just for the heck of it, I just tried the 496.49's. The difference I see? Absolutely none. Zero. Nada. So I'm back to my original thought - if it ain't broke don't fix it. As Willie The Shake said, much ado about nothing (IMNSHO). All mileage is, of course variable.

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

43 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I've been using the 442.19 drivers for a long time now. So, just for the heck of it, I just tried the 496.49's. The difference I see? Absolutely none. Zero. Nada. So I'm back to my original thought - if it ain't broke don't fix it. As Willie The Shake said, much ado about nothing (IMNSHO). All mileage is, of course variable.

Of course you are assuming that only P3D exists on one's computer. What about all the other programs that might be enhanced with new drivers? After all, that is why Nvidia goes to the trouble of updating them!

Edited by cowpatz
  • Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall