Sign in to follow this  
Guest ExtraPilot

Saving Flights in FSX

Guest bandit18

Hi,I thought you were supposed to be able to load your saved flights in FSX by simply doing the following: (i)go to free flight; (ii)click on Load and a list of saved flights should come up? I have saved a number of flights and the only way to access them is to go to flight planner, punch in a new flight and when save comes up, I have to go to C drive, program files, microsoft games, microsoft flight simulator X and then the flights folder will have all my saved flights. There has to be an easier way?!Thanks!John

My saved flights, DO come up in the "Load" list. I just don't have the fix, but at least the easier way is possible.L.Adamson

Guest bandit18

Hi,When I click on "load", nothing shows up on the list (ie. my saved flights don't). the flights that I do save can only be found when I go into my flight sim folder, which is a real pain. John

Guest RonB49

>Hi,>>I thought you were supposed to be able to load your saved>flights in FSX by simply doing the following: (i)go to free>flight; (ii)click on Load and a list of saved flights should>come up? >>I have saved a number of flights and the only way to access>them is to go to flight planner, punch in a new flight and>when save comes up, I have to go to C drive, program files,>microsoft games, microsoft flight simulator X and then the>flights folder will have all my saved flights. >>There has to be an easier way?!>Hi John,Could it be that you are confusing "Flight" files with "Flight Plan" files? They are two different things.1. Flight files (formerly know as Situation files) are created when you press the ";" key and a snapshot is taken of your aircarft's location along with the date and time and the weather conditions. There are actually three files created. They are nmaed *.flt, *.fssave, and *.wx. These files can be used to recreate the previously saved scenario (or "flight").2. Flight Plan files are created when you define a route into the Flight Planner, then press "Save" or "OK." This creates one file named *.pln which only saves your route information not your A/C location etc.None of these file types are stored in the FSXFlights folder by default. They will be found in:"My DocumentsFlight Simulator X"R-

Guest bandit18

R,That sheds some light on the matter-Thanks! I was confusing the two. Perhaps you can answer this question. I am trying to import training flights from the Bruce Williams training CD to FSX. They are .wx or .flt files. Where do I save them to get them in the flight files window?Thanks!John

Guest RonB49

Save tehm in:My DocumentsFlight Simulator XBut if there is only *.wx and *.flt files (and no *.fssave file) then it sounds like these are FS9 flights not FSX flights. I don't know if they will work in FSX; perhaps someone else knows.R-

Guest cwright

Yes, flight files saved in FS9 do work in FSX.Best regards, Chris

Guest rmce

I save current flight from ';' as X.I have made a link copy to desktop.I then simply double click on X on desktop and whole thing just boots up to where I left the sim.Just my lazy way of doing things!

Guest RonB49

Hi Chris,Do you know what is contained in the *.fssave file? Contents of the other two always made sense to me but I'm confused by this new one. R-

the *.fssave files are the rich saved game content for the Vista Game Explorer

Guest RonB49

'K. Thanks Tim. I guess it'll do its thing whe I need it. R-