Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

good fps but panning is awfull

26 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Are you using the default airports for KLAS or EKCH? Can you give a gate and heading where this happens? It's always easier to get others to reproduce the issue when you give simple and clear instructions 😉 

For me it happens at EDLP Gate 2, panning to the left side of the cockpit, about 9 o'clock.

Would be interesting to see whether it's only AMD cards that are affected by this, I have a 6700XT.

will install Paderborn and check the same.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I use the settings: pre-cash=Ultra, Terrain=300 and vsync=30 and I completely lack stuttering, but my GPU is RTX2060 and not AMD.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

31 minutes ago, pilotter said:

will install Paderborn and check the same.

Gate 2 parking no problem in the CRJ , pre cache on high and ultra

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

5 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

I use the settings: pre-cash=Ultra, Terrain=300 and vsync=30 and I completely lack stuttering, but my GPU is RTX2060 and not AMD.

thanks Nick, 6900 here, but I hope it's not the difference in brands......

46 minutes ago, pilotter said:

Gate 2 parking no problem in the CRJ , pre cache on high and ultra

Ok, thanks for checking! As I said, it has become a lot less (and quite bearable) with SU6, but on my system I can still notice it, with settings mostly on Ultra. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

must be also the amount of scenery loading etc. EDLP compared to EKCH and KLAS is big difference. WIl install EGCC

so far I have problems at EKHC, KLAS, KSRQ,EGCC 

and not at EDLP, LGMK, EGBB

but I think this might has to do with view direction ( cities) and amount of clutter

Edited by pilotter

4 minutes ago, pilotter said:

so far I have problems at EKHC, KLAS, KSRQ,EGCC 

and not at EDLP, LGMK, EGBB

but I think this might has to do with view direction ( cities) and amount of clutter

Is this happening with the default scenery? I'm going to try it tonight.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

no all payware , just tried Aspen KASE ( premium deluxe ) at gate 7 I have this 1 stutter when I turn me look to the left side almost 9 a 10 O clock

Edited by pilotter

Interesting!  I've also experienced slight stutter while panning/turning rapidly since SU5 and am wondering if it's just an issue with AMD graphics cards.  I'm running a RX6900XT, 5900X, 64GB setup (very similar to pilotter's).

Here are some of the characteristics that I've noticed:

• When panning/turning a 360 degree circle, there is a pronounced long frame (maybe a quarter second or so) at one particular point.  All other things being equal, the stutter always occurs at the same point which is always opposite of the position of the sun... but about 20-30 degrees offset from the direct reciprocal (i.e. not directly opposite).  I also occasionally notice a shorter stutter on the other side of the reciprocal.  This can be confirmed by changing the time of day/sun position and noting that the stutter point has moved.  I suspect that it may have something to do with rendering shadows or reflections (which probably aren't cached); but that's just a theory.
  • The issue only occurs on the ground.  Once above about 50' AGL, the problem goes away.
  • Changing the pre-cache to LOW pretty much resolves the problem for me.  I no longer experience the stuttering and my system is apparently fast enough to avoid most of the culling/pop-ins/re-draws that I've seen so many others complain about.

I'm curious what others are experiencing... it took a while to convince myself to go against the grain and keep my pre-cache at the lowest setting; but it really does seem to be effective on my machine.

Edited by MadDog
  • Like 5

I do get this certain places as well. 

When you load up, it's very stuttery for a few seconds, but that goes away. It's just the Pre-Caching. But even after that, looking in certain directions will cause a stutter. Some airports are way worse than others. I've asked about this issue on the Orbx forums, and other users there confirmed that this was mostly the case in airports that were not LOD optimized for SU5 and beyond. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

24 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Interesting!  I've also experienced slight stutter while panning/turning rapidly since SU5 and am wondering if it's just an issue with AMD graphics cards.  I'm running a RX6900XT, 5900X, 64GB setup (very similar to pilotter's).

Here are some of the characteristics that I've noticed:

• When panning/turning a 360 degree circle, there is a pronounced long frame (maybe a quarter second or so) at one particular point.  All other things being equal, the stutter always occurs at the same point which is always opposite of the position of the sun... but about 20-30 degrees offset from the direct reciprocal (i.e. not directly opposite).  I also occasionally notice a shorter stutter on the other side of the reciprocal.  This can be confirmed by changing the time of day/sun position and noting that the stutter point has moved.  I suspect that it may have something to do with rendering shadows or reflections (which probably aren't cached); but that's just a theory.
  • The issue only occurs on the ground.  Once above about 50' AGL, the problem goes away.
  • Changing the pre-cache to LOW pretty much resolves the problem for me.  I no longer experience the stuttering and my system is apparently fast enough to avoid most of the culling/pop-ins/re-draws that I've seen so many others complain about.

I'm curious what others are experiencing... it took a while to convince myself to go against the grain and keep my pre-cache at the lowest setting; but it really does seem to be effective on my machine.

Wow, that is an astute observation. I will try to reproduce the sun angle / shadow stutter on Nvidia when I get the chance. 

I do get stutters as well, but only at certain airports. The stutter goes away when I take off, like you mention.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I will try this at KASE Aspen, but I think we have the same "problem ".

Changing terrain precaching from ultra down to high seems to have fixed it for me.  Your mileage may vary.

If you are still having problems, try medium ir even low.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

yes I can also resolve it by playing with pre caching and terrain level slider, but it does not make sense that it's only AMD?

Edited by pilotter