Sign in to follow this  
guibru

New images of the Milviz Cessna 310 for MSFS

The first thing I do every morning is check if it has been released, but I would be surprised if it was before SU-9 right now.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

12 hours ago, tup61 said:

Looking really cool! I was afraid the graphics weren't that good after seeing some screenshots earlier on but these two look stellar! I think this will be the second plane I am going to buy for MSFS!

One question in advance: I suppose the dual levers (for prop and mixture) can be controlled with the mouse as if it's one lever? I don't have hardware controls for those and I remember having an airplane in the past where you had to move both levers seperately which was truly annyoing. 😉 Just asking to be sure.

Yes, the levers can be individually controlled via mouse if you don't have separate external controls, like me, I use the mouse all the time when testing single-engine operations (which I was doing a lot of this last weekend!)

Edit: I just realized I might have misunderstood you.  In MSFS it's not possible to tie the two throttles directly together like we could in P3D.
However, there's a set of key-binds available for twins in MSFS and we recommend those for people without a hardware controller.

Edited by Dutch727

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

26 minutes ago, Dutch727 said:

Edit: I just realized I might have misunderstood you.  In MSFS it's not possible to tie the two throttles directly together like we could in P3D.
However, there's a set of key-binds available for twins in MSFS and we recommend those for people without a hardware controller.

Thanks for the edit. 😉 But well, that's a shame because I don't want to use keybinds: I want to use my mouse. And if I can't for instance move the two prop levers as one then I think (...) I will have to pass. Bummer. 

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

Thanks for the edit. 😉 But well, that's a shame because I don't want to use keybinds: I want to use my mouse. And if I can't for instance move the two prop levers as one then I think (...) I will have to pass. Bummer. 

Buy some Logitech throttles. Problem solved. They aren't too pricey. 

• Like 2

Every bit more of info I see on this bird just makes me more excited.  Really can't wait.

Please don't fry me for the question but if I fly with the GNS units, will the center panel have those blank sections on the bottom and below the transponder? I kind of like my instrument panel to be full if you know what I mean. 

Edited by saifs

Just now, saifs said:

Please don't fry me for the question but if I fly with the GNS units, will the center panel have those blank sections on the bottom and bottom right? I kind of like my instrument panel to be full if you know what I mean. 

The two panel shots I posted are basically what you get - the PMS GTN is the 750/650.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, saifs said:

Hmm. Thanks Ryan. Maybe it's time to switch to the GTN's then. 

Maybe for now - but note that WT is doing a GNS refresh due out someday hehe - at that point the GNS units will be similar to what we had in FSX and P3D/XP11.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm still debating with myself if I should buy this plane again. Back in the FSX days there were some multi-engine tutorials that helped the user get rating in a twin and they were phenomenal. It brings back all those good & bad memories.

It's incredible how far we've come thanks to MSFS.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Dutch727 said:

I replied to this earlier this week saying this was a dealbreaker for me. However, in the meantime I experimented with the available prop and mixture controls in MSFS using the Baron (which also has split levers) and I have to say... this works! And even better than I thought it would! I deleted all numpad key assignments and now I use Numpad 1 and Numpad 7 to decrease and increase throttle, Numpad 2 and Numpad 8 to decrease and increase prop en Numpad 3 and Numpad 9 to decrease and increase mixture. The position of these keys is quite logical, to the right of the keyboard, and very easy to find, even when not really looking, and I have to say it almost feels (and looks) like I have a hardware controller for these levers now! (I will still use the slider on my joystick for the throttle: I added it for completeness sake. 😉 ) Nice!

In short: I am looking forward the May 4th! 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david_wi said:

Really disappointed that TDS will not function correctly if PMS50 is installed

It's on the list of things to look at and fix (if we can in our setup) before the update coming soon (probably next week).

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.