Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FSX Vids and AVSIMS lame rules

Guest Valkyrie321

I am getting a bit fed up personally with AVSIM stance on vids. I OWN the copyrights to the video I posted, which magically dissappeared. I OWN the copyright on the music. I MADE the video and copyrighted it to my company, Jaggyroad Films, yet somehow my video has been deleted because I broke some magic rule regarding "videos and music."I say BAH.You are the ONLY website that has any issues with this. Perhaps you need to research the laws a bit better and remove the "stick" from your administrative rear ends.Perhaps you guys have not heard of free use? Perhaps you don't understand copyright laws correctly? Either way, some suit is getting paid too much (or isn't getting paid) to think.I have pleaded with the administrators at times to talk intelligently about this. All PMs have been ignored, all former topics have been removed. This one will probably be removed.AVSIM, get a grip. There is a good reason all you have left is a bunch of complainers on this forum.

>I am getting a bit fed up personally with AVSIM stance on>vids. I OWN the copyrights to the video I posted, which>magically dissappeared. I OWN the copyright on the music. I>MADE the video and copyrighted it to my company, Jaggyroad>Films, yet somehow my video has been deleted because I broke>some magic rule regarding "videos and music.">>I say BAH.>>You are the ONLY website that has any issues with this.>Perhaps you need to research the laws a bit better and remove>the "stick" from your administrative rear ends.>>Perhaps you guys have not heard of free use? Perhaps you don't>understand copyright laws correctly? Either way, some suit is>getting paid too much (or isn't getting paid) to think.>>I have pleaded with the administrators at times to talk>intelligently about this. All PMs have been ignored, all>former topics have been removed. This one will probably be>removed.>>AVSIM, get a grip. There is a good reason all you have left is>a bunch of complainers on this forum.Actually, I believe it was locked because it was placed on the forum as an advertisement for a vendor, which we don't allow. Although, I could be wrong.Either way, I can't say that this post really did much to convince me to listen to your plea.

Guest Valkyrie321

It isn't a plea. I am NOT Shockwave. I make NO money by showing people my video.Irregardless, the stance is clear. You guys don't want people making videos and posting them on your forum. Your loss. Your communities loss.The only thing I would have appreciated was to have a PM regarding why my post was deleted. All the forums I currently and in the past have moderated/administered for I have taken the time to give this courtesy.Perhaps I shouldn't be bringing this to a public court, but then again, PMs don't seem to be read anyhow....

Guest Valkyrie321

[edit: I don't even think it was locked. I simply cannot find my original post. As far as I can tell, it was deleted, not locked. If I am wrong, please correct me.]

>It isn't a plea. I am NOT Shockwave. I make NO money by>showing people my video.>>Irregardless, the stance is clear. You guys don't want people>making videos and posting them on your forum. Your loss. Your>communities loss.>>The only thing I would have appreciated was to have a PM>regarding why my post was deleted. All the forums I currently>and in the past have moderated/administered for I have taken>the time to give this courtesy.>>Perhaps I shouldn't be bringing this to a public court, but>then again, PMs don't seem to be read anyhow....I didn't delete the thread, or lock it or whatever the case was, so I can't speak on that. However, I did support any action taken because of the following statements:"They aren't paying me to promote them, just make a video here and there...""I worked with the Shockwave Productions team to create a video of this product""If you have not yet seen my video made in conjuction with Shockwave, please use the following link:"I'm going to lock this thread. As you said, it should be a private matter. I was out of town for a week, but I did have access to my email, and looking now, I have no new private messages. Please feel free to email me at brian.gefrich@gmail.com if you want to discuss it further.