Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

DX12 - 18th November!

Just noting that DLSS is compatible with DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and Vulkan according to NVIDIA's system requirements for the DLSS SDK.

https://developer.nvidia.com/dlss-getting-started

They have said in past Q&A sessions that DirectX 12 is needed, but they either meant that the engine team need to finish work on DirectX 12 before they can look into DLSS, or their information is incorrect.

Personally I wouldn't expect it to be implemented though, they seem to have an aversion towards technologies not compatible with the Xbox, like force feedback as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DylanM said:

More info on DX12 ultimate here

Have the devs said it’s DX12 Ultimate they’re implementing and not just basic? I assume it is but…

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My 3090 is looking forward...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

My 3090 is looking forward...

my 980ti not so much....

James

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

That is some of the worst "logic" posted about software in a while.

I think it's Spinal Tap logic which is irrefutable. I personally am holding out for DX13.  I think the poster was being sarcastic.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

What then will it provide for us?  An addition to the system specs in our Avsim message footers?  Better panel detail?  Less CTD's (after 45 days mine are beginning to surface again), more addon aircraft releases, more 3rd party avionics improvements? 

So the first step is to switch to DirectX 12.  This switch over to DirectX 12 in SU7 will probably provide nothing, if that is the answer you want to know.

It's the future updates where the benefits of DirectX 12 can kick.  Once Asobo starts to make direct calls to the DirectX 12 library, MSFS stands to benefit from it.

Asobo/Microsoft's choice of just switching over to DirectX 12 without really making direct calls to it also makes sense from a stability viewpoint.  Asobo/Microsoft want do ensure things are stable with the switchover to DirectX 12 and there are no major bugs or outstanding issues.  If the switchover to DirectX 12 is stable for everyone on PC, then they will probably start work on the benefits of DirectX 12 in future updates.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

So the first step is to switch to DirectX 12.  This switch over to DirectX 12 in SU7 will probably provide nothing, if that is the answer you want to know.

It's the future updates where the benefits of DirectX 12 can kick.  Once Asobo starts to make direct calls to the DirectX 12 library, MSFS stands to benefit from it.

Asobo/Microsoft's choice of just switching over to DirectX 12 without really making direct calls to it also makes sense from a stability viewpoint.  Asobo/Microsoft want do ensure things are stable with the switchover to DirectX 12 and there are no major bugs or outstanding issues.  If the switchover to DirectX 12 is stable for everyone on PC, then they will probably start work on the benefits of DirectX 12 in future updates.

Exactly this. That's pretty much what they said in the last update on it, hence it will be an option to switch to, to trial out its initial stability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

This! Seb already said many times, there will be no performance improvement and this is going to be a sort of early preview therefore folks here should lower down their expectations.

And honestly I can’t understand some folk who want more performance improvement, the sim already runs super smooth on ultra and LOD 😄

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

17 hours ago, styckx said:

I hope it's not like the X-Plane DX12 debacle that they eventually got right. (mods I'm not doing a my sim is better than yours thing here.. Purely technical).  X-Plane had a TON of problems when DX12 was introduced and people getting crashes left and right because unlike DX11 that managed the VRAM. DX12 does not and it's up to  the app/game  to manage the VRAM

I thought they went from OpenGL to Vulkan?

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

6 hours ago, Greazer said:

That is some of the worst "logic" posted about software in a while.

It may well be but the entire post was a joke, that's what this: 😀 means.
A joke is a statement that is intended to produce amusement in the recipient. 😑

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

they seem to have an aversion towards technologies not compatible with the Xbox,

Do they 🤣 ? 

(Sorry CB, couldn’t help)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There has been 2 times in my (almost) 30 years gaming "career"  that I was really surpised.

The first one being in the ninties when a F-16 game got a  3dfx patch for my voodoo 2 and with SU5.

I dont have any expextations for the near future with the release of DX12

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD