Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

GTN 750 loading flightplan

I flown 3 flights with the free version and it works very well. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, ark said:

I'm curious -- with what default a/c are folks using the GTN750? 

In my case: none.

I use it in the Mooney, Seminole, and Arrow (when I fly it, which is not often..)

• Like 1

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In my case: none.

I use it in the Mooney, Seminole, and Arrow (when I fly it, which is not often..)

I have it in the same 3 as you plus the 650 Version in the DC6. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You got a scroll wheel on your mouse?   Try scrolling down the page. 

I saw that, but they are all G1000 equipped a/c and I can't see much reason to use the GTN750 (which I used extensively in P3D) in place of a G1000NXi. Are there any non G1000 default a/c that works with the GNT750?  I tried the C172 Steam Gauge but for some reason could not get the AP NAV function to work with the GTN750.

Al

Just now, ark said:

I saw that, but they are all G1000 equipped a/c and I can't see much reason to use the GTN750 (which I used extensively in P3D) in place of a G1000NXi. Are there any non G1000 default a/c that works with the GNT750?  I tried the C172 Steam Gauge but for some reason could not get the AP NAV function to work with the GTN750.

Al

If it isn't in their list, then I guess not. I tried the G 1000 when I first got MSFS, didn't like it, and haven't flown one since. 

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried the G 1000 when I first got MSFS, didn't like it, and haven't flown one since.

I had the same reaction to the original MSFS default G1000, but the current G1000NXi by WT is really quite good. You can load SIDs, STARS, airways, holding patterns, approaches, etc.  Certainly worth another look compared to the original default G1000.

Al

Edited by ark

23 minutes ago, ark said:

I had the same reaction to the original MSFS default G1000, but the current G1000NXi by WT is really quite good. You can load SIDs, STARS, airways, holding patterns, approaches, etc.  Certainly worth another look compared to the original default G1000.

Al

I fly mostly GA aircraft both in sim, and as a RL pilot. Never seen a G 1000 in any aircraft I was able to afford to fly, and Sids and Stars, airways, holds, approaches I fly with the aircraft I fly now in the sim, using GPS, and EFB. Have no use for the G 1000, frankly. In addition, I don't fly any of the default aircraft in MSFS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly mostly GA aircraft both in sim, and as a RL pilot. Never seen a G 1000 in any aircraft I was able to afford to fly, and Sids and Stars, airways, holds, approaches I fly with the aircraft I fly now in the sim, using GPS, and EFB. Have no use for the G 1000, frankly. In addition, I don't fly any of the default aircraft in MSFS. 

For a number of reason I don't fly for real anymore, but when I did I felt lucky to have two Nav radios, an ADF and at least a wing leveler in something like a Cherokee 180.  I never had a chance to fly IFR with any kind of GPS or glass panel, and never had to fly a SID or STAR.  So FSX, P3D and now MSFS has provided a wonderful and relatively low cost learning opportunity.  While many aspects of sim flying may lack some realism, especially with regard to a/c performance, the mental aspects of flying IFR in the sim can provide a good workout. And while RNAV approaches, SIDs and STARS, etc, are great fun, I still enjoy hand flying DME arcs, and VOR and ADF approaches for this reason.

To each his own.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ark said:

Al

I found rotating the inner and outer knobs with the mouse is very cumbersome. That’s the main reason why I prefer the GTN750. Did you find a solution for that?

3 hours ago, JWvdH said:

I found rotating the inner and outer knobs with the mouse is very cumbersome. That’s the main reason why I prefer the GTN750. Did you find a solution for that?

Behringer X Touch mini and Axis and Ohs ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JWvdH said:

Unfortunately no, not directly, but I mainly use just the FMS rotating knob, and that is usually when on the ground for setting up flight plans, etc, so it is not to inconvenient most of the time. The feature WT added to allow entering waypoint identifiers with the keyboard is a big help (thanks WT!). For the G1000 push buttons, such as for the AP controls, and for setting altitudes, vertical speeds, transponder codes, frequencies, courses and headings, I have keys set up, mainly through FSUIPC7. So once airborne mouse use is usually minimal unless there is a major change to the flight plan.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JWvdH said:

Just as info for anyone interested, after experimenting a bit I've discovered you can in fact control the FMS rotatory knob on the G1000NXi PFD or MFD ( and other G1000NXi controls) through FSUIPC7 by assigning a key or button to activate the appropriate Hvars (HML variables).

Al 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, BufordTX said:

Same here. Completely bypass the disastrous msfs flight planner. 

For those of you doing this or manually entering your flight plan into the GTN 750, how are you filing your ifr plan so that MSFS ATC will accept it?

I have no problem using the World Map to either create a flight plan or import one I made in something else, then loading up the flight. ATC will recognize it's a IFR flight plan, but it's also already loaded in the GTN. For those that want to manually enter the flight plan into the GTN, how do you do it and still have ATC recognize it's a IFR flight plan?

The only way I can figure is to load the flight plan from world map, then delete it once I'm at ready to fly. Then I can turn around and manually enter it and ATC will still recognize it as a IFR flght.

James

I watched this video and even though it's about the G1000 NXi it answered my question inside the first minute about IFR not being available when programming in a flight plan from the plane.🙁

James