Sign in to follow this  
shiloh

Wilco 777 Airways in FMS?

HelloI just bought the Wilco/Feelthere 777 for FSX. Just realized that Feelthere doesnt support it anymore throught it's forum and I was not able to get an answer from Wilco. So hopefully someone here can give me a hand.Somehow I cant enter an airways in my flight plan into the FMS. In the past I have used extensively FMS of 767PIC and PSS Airbus 320 so I am used to FMS. Basically I enter my first direct waypoint into the FMS then try to enter a jetroute (J546 for example) in the VIA LSK for my next waypoint and I always get a "Invalid Entry" MSG. I have updated my navdata and made sure that the airway I am trying to enter is valid and in the database. any tips on getting these to work?thanks

I have come to the conclusion that the 777 FMS does not support airways. Can someone confirm if that's true or not?

The Wilco 777 is a VERY simplistic rendition of the 777. It is meant for the kick the tires and light the fires type of simmers. If you have the 767Pic and the PSS A320, you will have to dumb your expecations way down.

Thanks MikeI was aware of that. I was not expecting the same level of system simulation as 767PIC or other more complex simulation. However I have seen the mention on many websites that the 777 FMS was supposed to at least support airways. Even in the manual, in the sample flight description, they mention entering aiways in the FMS (without explaining it but I dont care I know how). So I was expecting at least airways support in the FMS which, in the end, do not seems to be implemented in the retail products.