Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Cessna 172 w/G1000

Is there a way to modify the flight plan in the G1000 after its loaded. In other words, delete a way point, or enter a way point? In PROC, select approach, showing a STAR in the list. Select a STAR but can not delete a Transition. You are forced to select one of the transitions showing. Thought I could  get by that by selecting a transition, then all I would have to do is delete it from the list when I select FPN. But you can't edit the flight plan in the G1000. Or is there a way to edit it? 

Walt Popowski

You download it from the marketplace inside the sim, though. It won't be available on their website. 

• Like 1

Thank you friends. As always, I appreciate all the help you give me. And I say from 1 pilot to another, ........"Thank You." 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Walt Popowski

Yes, the G100NXi improvement is excellent.

Just a note to @waltpop  The NXi addon will become standard soon in MSFS (and replace the basic G1000) after it has a few more updates.

Note that if you have any of the G1000 improvement mods installed in your community folder, they need to be moved out of there as they are not compatible with the newer NXi and will create problems if you try to mix them.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

In the default Cessna 172 G1000, you can alter the programmed flight plan by selecting a Waypoint or Airport and then clicking the "D" for "Direct" option. Then select NAV on the Autopilot (if you haven't done so already). You'll be taken directly to the Waypoint or Airport of your choosing, forsaking the original flight plan.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

In the default Cessna 172 G1000, you can alter the programmed flight plan by selecting a Waypoint or Airport and then clicking the "D" for "Direct" option. Then select NAV on the Autopilot (if you haven't done so already). You'll be taken directly to the Waypoint or Airport of your choosing, forsaking the original flight plan.

Which is rather lame, once you have experienced the NXi where the original flightplan can be edited, and a Direct-to a waypoint in the flight plan does not "forsake" the original plan.  😉

A handy feature is, when you find yourself deviating from the flight plan and want to aim for the next waypoint, a simple DTO-ENT-ENT sequence will have you back on track.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert