Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

Crazy merge question

I know the idea sounds crazy but I'm going to ask anyway -- My favorite FSX default aircraft is the A321, but I like how the default FSX B738 flies much better than the A321. Now the crazy question: is it possible to use the FSX B738 flight dynamics or air file to make the A321 fly like the B738 and still use the A321 panel?I am not a FSim purist, so I would not be disturbed at all by the unrighteous act of creating a sinfull merge like this, as long as I get my A321 to fly like the B738 ;-)Thank you in advance.Kerke

>I know the idea sounds crazy but I'm going to ask anyway -->My favorite FSX default aircraft is the A321, but I like how>the default FSX B738 flies much better than the A321. Now the>crazy question: is it possible to use the FSX B738 flight>dynamics or air file to make the A321 fly like the B738 and>still use the A321 panel?>>I am not a FSim purist, so I would not be disturbed at all by>the unrighteous act of creating a sinfull merge like this, as>long as I get my A321 to fly like the B738 ;-)>>Thank you in advance.>>Kerke>In the aircraft.cfg file, there's a line in each fltsim entry that says "sim=usually the name of the plane". That controls which .air file to use. If you copy the 738's .air file over to the A321 folder and change the line for one of those entries to: sim=Boeing737-800reasonably, it should work.

By the way, I don't know if this relates to the fly by wire system or something, but the controls seemed really really sluggish when I tried this just now. I don't have much time in either jet, so I can't say, but I'll see how it compares to the 738 default.