Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

FlyJSim's new Q400 aka Q4XP

Bought it on day one, my wallet hurts as I had also bought the A340-600 a few days beforehand. I don't regret buying any of them though :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'm so hesitant due to FPS, I have a Ryzen 9 3950X with 32g of ram and a 2070 Super and it would really tick me off if I got low FPS when the rest of my planes run in the 60s and higher.

Edited by canuk22

Also got it and, while it is a solid add-on, there are definitely areas that need to improve so that the Q4XP matches the Majestic offering (LNAV, Terrain/WX Radar being the most evident ones). 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

6 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Also got it and, while it is a solid add-on, there are definitely areas that need to improve so that the Q4XP matches the Majestic offering (LNAV, Terrain/WX Radar being the most evident ones). 

Good to know, thanks. Majestic works great in VR and FlyJSim so far is not so good(I hear). Since VR is all I do I have to wait to see where this goes.

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

All right. VR support has been around for a while.
But has the performance actually improved with the latest v1.12 update ???
This is crucial for me when making a purchase decision.
I only fly in VR, and my equipment is high-end, but .... 4 years ago 😉
(i7 8700K; 1080Ti; 32RAM).

New patch details.  MacOS support! Also posted other Patch notes since Dec 2022. 

image.png

You will need to reactivate.

Date : May 10th, 2023

- Added ARM64 on MacOS support. 

- Wipers will now wipe away the rain.
- Window heat and frosting simulation added.
- Adjusted the cockpit panel backlighting and button backlight to be slightly
    dimmer when dimmed with the dim/brt switch
- Fixed any issue that may have arisen from not having updated flap datarefs.
- Fixed low speed cue not showing the correct stall speed.

## UNS:
- Adds compatibility with Zink on X-Plane 12
- Update shaders to work around AMD's driver bugs under Zink.
- Improve CDU backlight rendering.
- Improve key handling to allow for continuously-held keys.
- Fix use-after-free bug when shutting down the FMS in some situations.
- Fix some VNAV issues caused by stale vertical path data.

Q4XP Patch Day!

❗ 🔑 You will need to reactivate.

❗📁 You will need to redownload from the org store

1.29 Date : March 3rd 2023 - Separated XP11 and XP12 versions of the Q4XP into their own zip files. Please Redownload the correct version for the sim of your choice from the org store. - Adjusted lighting to account for changes in xp12 ## UNS: - Fix crash on FMS shutdown due to use-after-free bug. - Fix crash that could occur in some cases when scrolling through the flight plan. - Improve magnetic declination handling on CF legs. - Fix crash due to bad headings sent by X-Plane in some situation. - Fix crash when directories are present in Output/FMS Plans with the `.fms' extension. - Fix route files not being closed correctly in some circumstances (leading to "too many open files" errors).

Enjoy your Flights

!

This patch will NOT require reactivation. ( from the previous patch )

1.28 Date :December 16th 2022

## FMS:

- Fix crash with duplicate nav DB entries from user_{fix,nav}.dat.

- Fix crash with zero-length TF legs (PAFA -> PAFA).

- Fix crash when sequencing on the outbound portion of a PI leg.

- Fix bad DME signal selection logic leading to early GS de-sensitisation. - Keep pilot waypoint construction data between FMS boots (your waypoints won't all become lat/lons ater rebooting the FMS).

- Accept X-Plane 11.00 and up nav DB formats.

Enjoy your flights!

This patch will NOT require reactivation.

1.27 Date :December 12th 2022

## FMS:

- Fix database crash when airports don't have a valid ICAO region.

- Fix flight plane unlinked from Nav page on restore from standby.

- Fix intercept computation error near start of long TF legs (LPAZ18.ETROX

Fly on!

This patch will NOT require reactivation.

1.26 Date :December 12th 2022

## FMS:

- Add support for pilot routes.

- Add APPR PLAN page in FPL/MENU 2 when an approach is linked into the flight plan.

- Add MAP DISPLAY page to select visibility of missed approach legs.

- Improve FIX page UX to match real unit. - Improve airport database loading logic.

- Revert de-sensitisation of the glideslope signal when no DME is available.

- Fix airports missing from the database in XP12 due to new runway surface codes.

- Fix some symbols being exported, leading to stack corruption on some Linux installs. - Harden Flight Guidance Computer against bad input data.

- Fix AF/CF sequencing.

- Remove some unneeded logging.

Enjoy Your Flights!

Just some minor fixes to clean things up and let you set you payload again.   You will need to reactivate.

1.25 Date: November 18st 2022

- Fixed payload system issue.

- Fixed errors about datarefs.

Enjoy Your Flights! To fix crash on load of Q4XP in XP12: Remove the Q4XP folder from the aircraft folder, Launch XP12, When you get to 'Create New Flight' screen move Q4XP folder back in to the aircraft folder. Start a new flight at any airport in the stock 172, Then Run the Skunkcraft updater, when finished restart the sim.

Edited by Sims Smith
formatting
  • Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Brian Mackie said:

Is this serious? If I buy this aircraft, do I also need to find this thread to make it work?

What are you referring to?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Brian Mackie said:

The patch notes.

Why would you need this thread to make it work? They are simply patch notes for the latest update

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Brian Mackie said:

Then, what caused the thread? It's really no problem at all here.

It's just a thread to talk about and discuss the addon, including opinions and patches. The very point of a forum? Not sure what you are getting at.

• Like 1

Can't wait to fly this bird again. I was expecting for these fixes since Zink was introduced. For those interested in buying it, it's worth every penny.

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12