Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasonaerts

Positive SP1 Comments

. . not sure how this will come out.. don't do much in the way of posting screenshots, but here goes. 1 is a shot over San Diego, and 2 is just northeast of the city. . RealAir Mk XIV. These are 23 and 21 fps - quite smooth without stutters. Clouds don't make much difference. Road traffic will knock 10 off, so I keep it low as possible.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169506.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169507.jpg

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just to add, if you go in the comments section, #7 to be exact, Torgo 3000 states that SP1 will support multicore for terrain loading and rendering along with autogen batch rebuilding.That sounds encouraging.He also said he was flying around San Juan with pre-SP1 and got 15 fps maxed settings, just to clarify.Ian.

Jon patch had this to say on his blog today:"I can say that in my opinion MS is being very responsive to issues the beta team is noting, and taking the time to understand the issues before determining how to deal with them.That said, I don

Guest vstice

What, if any, add-ons are you using to get such great road, highway detail?Any "magic" texture settings or other tweaks needed to get such beautiful detail?I have FSX Deluxe, nvidia 7600gt.Thanks,Verne Tice

Yup, its taking longer to track some of these down. The right thing to do is take a little longer.

>Yup, its taking longer to track some of these down. The right>thing to do is take a little longer.Let it take as long as it needs Phil. Just wondering how far behind the original estimated release date you are. Just curious if you don't mind me asking.

The data supports no conclusion yet.The regression bugs we have left are hard. We have to make it thru those, post a 2nd beta, and then we will be able to tell.

>The data supports no conclusion yet.>>The regression bugs we have left are hard. We have to make it>thru those, post a 2nd beta, and then we will be able to>tell.Ok. Thanks. Just make sure the team don't put in too many late nights for our benefit. :-)

Guest jasonaerts

This may sound stupid, but just to make sure.The SP1 patch will also help those of us with Dual core AMD cpus as well correct?like say a x2 4400+ socket 939.I am really hoping i can get more bang out of FSX without having to upgrade my whole rig via a CPU change over to Intel. would be great to be able to use some autogen lol

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Yes I'd like a response to that question as well. Also I say keep the midnight oil burning chaps. Some of the most innovative ideas are conceived under pressure. Cheers

Guest jasonaerts

you do realize you are running that in 16 bit color mode yes/no?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier: yes - 1680 x 1050 16-bit.Colorwise - I can rarely tell the difference between 16 and 32 bit - but I know enough that two bytes per pixel color is a heck of a lot easier on memory useage than three, and with FSX I try to make every "bit" count. :-)Verne - I'm using Matt Fox's "50%" textures, plus some of the tweaks suggested by others in these forums. The C2D is the magic - if there is any. I believe the 8800 would give better results from the reviews I've seen, and I intend getting one as soon as I can sell the 1950. Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

<>Steve:In that case, I'd suggest the E6600 and have him add a nice 3rd party heatsink/fan, and oc at least to 3ghz. That's a VERY gentle overclock, on my system the cpu has been entirely stable with absolutely no need to increase core voltage, temps stay nicely low, and the $160 savings (ok...more like $130 after buying a nice heatsink/fan) seems significant to me.Have your builder set up a temp monitor as a utility and have him alarm it if your temps rise too high. This is very easy, he'll know how to do this with no problem. As long as your temps stay cool you really aren't doing any harm to the cpu.Enjoy!Bob