Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

VR Flight Sim Guy: banned!

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya'... ✈️

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I certainly see his point.  I used to fly combat flight sims, but the U.S. is not currently fighting World War II, Korea, Vietnam, various Middle East conflicts, nor are we flying combat missions against the nations of the Iron Curtain.  I prefer civilian sims these days as that fits current reality and also my point in life.  For those who prefer combat flight sims or civilian sims other than FSX, fine.  Enjoy the sim that makes you happy.  If we all did the exact same thing, how boring of a planet this would be.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:11 PM, HiFlyer said:

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya'... ✈️

Disappointing but maybe not overly surprising.

While there's a lot of publicity about the social media platforms creating a corrosive and adversarial environment, nevertheless I've generally found enthusiast-based forums to be just the opposite. 

I've been active on a number of forums over many years relating to stuff I'm interested in or involved in where: there is a mutual enthusiasm and interest; where newcomers and beginners are treated with patience and support; where preferences and dislikes can be openly discussed without hostility. 

And the result is a massive help to progressing and improving, for everybody.  It is ABSOLUTELY the fastest way of getting up a steep learning curve. Where on earth would we all be trying to update or simply run these complex bits of software and hardware without a fantastic forum like this one?

But some of the flight sim forums (generally not this one, I might add) seem to be different.  In fact, almost the opposite.  Rather than embracing more players in the market and the rapid improvement to all that open commercial competition can bring, a small but vocal part of the forum membership are utterly partisan.  Worse is that decent questions - even (or especially) from new entrants into the hobby/pastime/passion - can be often treated with snide, unhelpful remarks and no advice whatsoever.  It often brings out the worst aspect of social media - that of suppressing alternative opinion, preferences or simply not knowing.  And, while it is always a small minority, where are the mods in those forums?

So it doesn't surprise me that VR Flight Sim Guy has been jumped on for the dreadful sin of saying that an aircraft version introduced in one sim is actually pretty good in another too 😉

That they have attacked the one guy who loves every sim - including their own - is a bit of a Q.E.D.

Which is a long way of saying, 'Well done, AVSIM mods...and keep it up' 😄

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

So, am I to understand that some elitist members of the DCS community do not like people flying fighter planes in civilian flight simulators? Are they really that sad? :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I fly MSFS2020, DCS, and IL-2, all in VR.  They each fill a niche for me.  I could care less what anyone says or thinks.  If they're paying my mortgage, then I'll listen... (but I don't have to worry about that point in my life timeline at this stage).  :smile:

I post on each of these sims respective forums.  I find lots of supportive folks on each, and really appreciate the insight I gain.  Sure, there's a few @$$hats on each, but that comes with the Internet.  Anonymous morale cowards are in an abundance....

Regardless, fly what you want, and who gives a "hoot" what anyone thinks.

Edited by javelina

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control