Sign in to follow this  
spilok

RealAir Beech Duke

Guest wyoming

Unless something really amazing comes out.

Ha ha....all in the best possible taste I'm sure. Fact is there are two of us in this nice, cosy partnership (plus a couple of very agreeable chaps helping occasionally on scenery and special gauges) and we do take our time I know. ;)We are still updating current aircraft for FSX, which to be frank is sometimes a bit of a pain but neccessary for the sake of our loyal customers, and a long job, and any honest developer will tell you that FSX, good though it is in parts, has brought one big headache for developers who are doing nearly twice the work for the same customer numbers...that's progress for you!In short....the Duke is on hold until our current small suite of aircraft is updated....sorry.Kind Regards,Rob and Sean - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest wyoming

enjoy life and take your time. That's what makes quality products and fulfilled customers (if there is such a thing). That's also what ultimately forwards the cause of elegance, which is so badly needed.

Once it's there I'm sure the Duke will be impressive. Take your time. I also could use that updated Scout ;)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

"..FSX, good though it is in parts, has brought one big headache for developers who are doing nearly twice the work..."Is this because it is harder to do the same things, or because you can do so much more?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Thank you for the update Rob.Perhaps the Duke will double your customer numbers when everyone gets a look at what a true beauty the Duke really is.IMHO it is the most beautiful civilian piston twin ever built. Gene:-wavehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169605.jpg

Rob & Sean, Thanks for update. If the Duke is anything like the SIAI-Marchetti SF.260, it will be a dream and a must have. My brother(Minn) & I(KY)fly the SF.260 in multiplay at least once a week - just an outstanding aircraft/program. Looking forward to the Duke. Thanks for producing a top quality product/support. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Rob,How soon for the Spitfire....FSX version?I really love flying that plane using VFR. Can I fly it in FSX now with minor limitations? It would be worth a small inconvenience while I wait.

>Rob,>How soon for the Spitfire....FSX version?>I really love flying that plane using VFR. Can I fly it in>FSX now with minor limitations? It would be worth a small>inconvenience while I wait.>I don't own the Spit, but probably you could fly it right now in FSX.You would have to assign it a different panel though. I doubt the FS2004 panel would work with FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It is true some gauges don't work quite right but the RAS Spitfire is flyable in FSX. You will have to change the location of some texture files. You also have to modify the aircraft.cfg file to prevent an extra set of a/c lights appearing at the wing tips. If you search this forum, you will find previous posts with detailed instructions. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

>Rob,>How soon for the Spitfire....FSX version?>I really love flying that plane using VFR. Can I fly it in>FSX now with minor limitations? It would be worth a small>inconvenience while I wait.I too am interested in the Spitfire FSX update, but I can tell you it works fine in FSX as it is, even the panel. The only gauge I know of that does not work is the artificial horizon. The config tool doesn't work that I know of, so what I did was configure it the way I wanted, such as engine failure off, before I moved it to FSX. The only issues I have seen are with the effects. The exhuast flashes are twice as bright as ussual, and the wintip vapors show up as flat lines, rather than the puffy look. I also had to copy the cockpit textures into each texture folder to get those to show up. Its still my favorite plane to fly, and I created a 2nd version of the racer with the awesome "puresteel" textures in the library, and upped the boost from 18lb to 25lb. As I have figured it that puts it at 3500 horsepower, though even at the racers usual 3000hp, it is fast enough to take the world time to climb record away from the 4,000hp Rare Bear. It cannot come close to the Rare Bears top speed though.

I have searched the forum for "very specific" instructions on using the RealAir Spitfire in FSX, and there doesn't seem to be anything specific enough. Therefore, I can't get it to show a panel with gauges...among other things.I do not have FS9 on my hard drive...please tell me exactly how to cut and paste specific files or how to unzip the file so that it all points in the right direction. Stan

Without FS9 installed I don't know where you would get the files from as I don't think the installer would let you extract to a dummy folder, but I don't know as I'm at work right now. This is what I did to transfer it from FS9.Before copying the files, go into the Spitfire Control panel and configure the plane the way you want, as once its configured thats how it will carry over to FSX. For example I turned the engine failure off. Next copy each of the Spitfire folders from the FS9 aircraft folder to the FSX aircraft folder, which is located under the simobjects folder in FSX. There is a Spitfire folder for each variant, so you will need to copy each of them. Then you will need to copy the special effects from the FS9 effects folder to the FSX effects folder. To find the special effects specific to the Spitfire search the FS9 effects folder for "RASSpit". This will return results for all the effects of the Spitfire. Copy all of them, and paste them into the FSX effects folder. Finally copy the Spitfire textures from the FS9 texture folder into the texture folders within EACH individual Spitfire variant in the FSX aircraft folder. There should be one to three texture folders for each of the five variant folders. Search the FS9 texture folder for "RASSpit", then copy all the files it returns, and paste this set of files into all of the texture folders.