Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Help need FSX cause Insufficient memory issue.

Guest alextooi

Hi all,Help needed here. I use FSX at Vista Home Premium version. I never & ever get this insufficient memory issue while flying in FSX. But yesterday I'm flying cessena 172 at KLGA, while loading up aircraft to KLGA runway, images started to get blurr even though from outside view to cockpit view; then fire up aircraft to sky & just a minute, vista prompt me OS insufficient memory issue.My question here, is a vista issue or FSX issue, any body experince this before.My PC specsCore 2 Due E6600 2.4Ghz3 Gigabyte memoryAsus 8800GTS (320MB)Vista Home PremiumAttached is my FSX configuration filehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169482.txtB/Regards...Alex Ooi

3 GB should be plenty, even for VISTA! Could be insufficient Graphic memory. Do you set BufferPools in your config file? If so try removing those statements. I have found on my system at least, I gradually lose performance with this set. Also raise your Texture_Bandwidth_Mult, it's too low. With your system you should be able to set it max (400). If you notice stuttering though pull it back a bit.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I get the same exact symptoms and problems that you get in vista. It works fine in xp but i get anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours in vista based on which aircraft i use. I thought it was specific to the schweizer chopper i often fly since i get about 10 minutes with it before it crashes, but even using the default aircraft it still crashes, although i get upwards of an hour with them before this happens. I'm hoping that sp1 fixes the problem but if not then there is something else going on.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I get this in XP not Vista (Don't have it yet!) I tracked it down to the Bufferpools statements. With it like you, I could only fly a short time before my performance would take a dive, once I took them out I can now fly long flights. I've flown 13 hour flights with no problem. I also don't notice any difference in visual quality without it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Adrian Wainer

Sounds to me like Vista has glitches in it or the driver for the 8800 card has a glitch or both. It aint a FSX issue unless it is how FSX operates under Vista and or the 8800 card driver as I have used FSX with 1.5 Gigabytes DDR RAM single channel, XP home edition 1 Gigabyte DDR RAM dual channel XP Professional x64 2 Gigabytes DDR RAM dual channel XP Professional x64and the only problem I found was that with only 1 Gigabyte RAM FSX it was dreadfully slow and somewhat stuttery at the same time presumably when and because it was using the hard-drive as virtual RAM when it over-topped the 1 Gigabyte RAM installed. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Hello, I have the same issue, MS blames video card driver or an issue with video card. I have 8800GTX and 4 gigs of mem, running vista 32 and 64bit in a dual boot-up. FSX will die on both systems with the same error... "computer has run out of available memory" please change FS settings and restart flight simulator. I've tryed changing the page file, with no luck. I've even changed the setting to FSX and that didn't help. Getting ready to give up. Hope SP1 fixes this issue...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I had thought that 2gb of memory in vista was the culprit and that it just wasn't enough but I see that it happens to those of you with 4gb so that can't be it either. There may be a buffer statement that i put in my fsx.cfg so ill check that one out later.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest alextooi

Hi all,1st of all, thanks to everybody try to help. I didn't modify any FSX.cfg at all. My FSX.cfg file is remain original as after installation. B/Regards..Alex Ooi

Interesting for me that after removing that buffer sections from my fsx.cfg i have managed to fly the schweizer chopper for 45 minutes without a blur or crash. I'm not saying that this problem is fixed quite yet because it could pop back but i have definitely lasted longer with that section removed. I took that line direct from the tweak guide too. I'm knocking on wood that this actually was the culprit. More testing needed though. :)________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hello Tom:You do ask: "Do you set Bufferpools in your config files?"Please forgive my ignorance as I have not "set Bufferpools". Does that mean that they don't exist, or are included with default settings?If they do exist on my system, specifically where are "Bufferpools" located and what should I do with them? I have checked the fsx.CFG and either overlooked them or they are not there.My "Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=30" (default).I occasionally get the out of memory message as well running FSX in XPPro but at random times after a long time. Best I remember I have also rarely seen this happen when running other programs as well.My system specs are attached.Respectfully:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Video Graphics CardSecondary Graphics Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI 21

Guest firehawk44

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents worth since I had the same issue. FSX worked great in XP but I received the out of memory error about 10-15 minutes after starting the sim after I installed VISTA. The graphics would blur and hitting Alt/Tab I would find the FSX error msg stating I ran out of memory and FSX must close and suggested I lower my FSX settings. I did a lot of research on this and I have come to the conclusion that the problem is not Vista or FSX but the 8800 video card drivers. I have a pretty powerful system with Duo2 core processors E6800X overclocked to 3.5GHz, 4 gigs of memory, and 2 8800 GTX video cards with 768megs of memory. One thing I did was check my virtual memory settings. It was set by default to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". I changed this to "System Managed Size". I also turned off SLI management as I understand it doesn't really work with FSX anyway. With these changes I was able to fly a little longer (from KLAX to KSFO). This time I was able to start landing at SFO before the error msg cropped up. I then went into my FSX settings and lowered them just a little (all scenery sliders were pretty much maxed out to the far right). I moved each down one step and now I do not encounter the error msgs any longer. I do everything possible to create the error msg again (like turning on max weather, max traffic, etc.) but I can't get FSX to crash any longer. I'm knocking on wood and hope the problem has been fixed. I also hope NVIDIA creates better drivers soon so all enhancements on the 2 8800 cards I have can eventually be used. I am also upgrading to the 64 bit version of VISTA (it only costs $9.95 to upgrade) as I understand the 64 bit version handles memory for systems with more than 2 gigs much better. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim