Sign in to follow this  
Straypuft

placing flyable aircraft as static objects

is this possible?i wish to use download aircraft to be placed as static objects parked around an airport. i want to make an airport look like theres an airshow with all kinds of aircraft parked in specific locations.if its possible, how would i go about doing this?

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

Yes,You setup the aircraft as AI aircraft, for a once a week flight out and back in the middle of the night for one hour. Then they will sit on the ramp for the other 6 days 23 hours.You have to be careful with detailed flyable aircraft, because they can really eat up system resources.I once did the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, and was down to a slide show before I got halfway completed.

what program can i use to make them ai(or i could use analready ai aircraft) and what do i use to make a flight plan?

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but another option might be to use the Scenery Object Placement tool (provided you have the Deluxe version) and create a scenery (bgl) file for the airport in question to add static aircraft around the airport. Even if you added around 20 aircraft or so the resulting bgl file would be very small and present no frame rate hit at your airport. The drawback would be I think you would be limited to using the aircraft available in the tool, and they might not be the type a/c you're looking for.

Ken

i got the deluxe edition(anything else would be uncivilized). and i installed the SDK, but i cant get any of the .exe's to run they will pop open, then immediately close

-Raymond W

>what program can i use to make them ai(or i could use>analready ai aircraft) and what do i use to make a flight>plan?You would use TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe that comes with the SDK.You'll have to read the documentation to know how to make the once-per-week flight plan like reggie describes.If I can figure it out, (and I have), you can, too.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>i got the deluxe edition(anything else would be uncivilized).>and i installed the SDK, but i cant get any of the .exe's to>run they will pop open, then immediately closeYou need to do Start-->Run...--->cmdThat will open a DOS box, from there you can use the command-line tools like Shp2Vec or TrafficDatabaseBuilder to see their options.Simply double-clicking on the trafficdatabasebuilder icon in Windows Explorer is going to do exactly what you describe--pop open and immediately close.Just curious, but your post sounds like you are too young to have ever used a command-line interface...??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

i never had a use for command prompt

-Raymond W

Guest BrianFletcher

I bet that looked good? Do you happen to have any screenshots of that?

Guest radivil

>I once did the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, and was>down to a slide show before I got halfway completed.Just as an incidental comment, if anyone reading this ever finds themselves in Pensacola this is a must see. I was down there about two months back, helping a friend find a place to live while she's doing that whole Navy pilot thing. Truly awesome collection they have there. We neglected to go out on the flight line though.I used the object placer thingie to put a line of Blue Angels in the appropriate part of the base, so its a less lonely place to fly out of. But still pretty desolate.

i was able to get the object placement tool to work in-game, but i keep getting ctd's when i delete an object. also, i cant seem to get the new scenery to show up outside of object placement tool...but, i was able to get the traffic tool to run in-game, added some planes to the airport i wanted to use, and didnt get much of a frame rate drop.

-Raymond W