Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Static noise in FSX

With some planes in FSX I hear loud static noise whenever I increase or decrease throttle, either with the keyboard or the CH yoke. I have a Soundblaster Audigy and 5.1 speakers. I turned down the hardware acceleration, turned down the scenery complexity, but this does not help. The problem occurs with the Cessna 182, the Baron, the Beaver, but not with the Cessna Caravan and the King Air. Does anyone has a suggestion for a cure?

>With some planes in FSX I hear loud static noise whenever I>increase or decrease throttle, either with the keyboard or the>CH yoke. I have a Soundblaster Audigy and 5.1 speakers. I>turned down the hardware acceleration, turned down the scenery>complexity, but this does not help. The problem occurs with>the Cessna 182, the Baron, the Beaver, but not with the Cessna>Caravan and the King Air. Does anyone has a suggestion for a>cure?I have the Soundblaster Audigy as well, no problems.Make sure audio drivers are up to date.Check all sound settings in Windows and FSX.Maybe your CH throttle is producing the noise.Check all HOTAS connections and sound card wire connections. Check the keyboard connection too.

Well, all of a sudden, I have the same problem. I can not figure out what happened. I have added the Lockheed L049. But removing it did not help.

Guest wyoming

Happened to me a few months ago after changes in drivers and/or installation of something. There must be a few threads about the problem which you can probably find running a search here. Solution-wise, reformating my HD (for other reasons) fixed the problem. I am now very cautious, particularly with drivers; I stick with what I have.

I used to get this with FS9 .I have soundblaster external.If i was not quick enough to hit the alt key to stop the sim(when the static noise started) it would eventually cause a lock up and crash.I didnt do anything specific to fix it and i have not had any problems recently.Strange thoughcheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Maybe RF (radio frequency) interference?Some cases don't have good shielding against RF.I don't know what devices you have around your house...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I tried all suggestions except reformatting the HD and finally I solved the problem by setting the Hardware Acceleration slider complete to the left (with dxdiag). With someone else

>I tried all suggestions except reformatting the HD and>finally I solved the problem by setting the Hardware>Acceleration slider complete to the left (with dxdiag). With>someone else

Yes, I checked for the latest drivers on the Creative-website and I have DirectX 9.0c. Thanks.

Guest X15

I have this problem also , it is most marked on the stock cessna 172. I thought at first it was my logitech joystick because it seemed to happen when moving the throttle. Then I put it down to my sound card. It wasn't though as I now have a completely new rig (hence completely new installation) and a CH yoke and STILL get the exact same problem when changing throttle settings with the same aircraft. I have DX9.0c also tried changing the settings, didn't help so would like to know more also.

Just a suggestion, could it be a CODEC issue. I know of several other games that have had sound problems due to CODEC issues. Unfortunately I am not knowledgable in such things. Perhaps another member might be able to help. Good luck.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I find that id I pause the game my engines sound funny but if I change views to external then back to cockpit this goes away.