Sign in to follow this  
vdae

CS 757 Freighter Essential question

Hey guys!

I'm on the verge of buying the Captain Sim 757 Freighter Essential, but apparantly, only the PF version with PW2037 engines comes with it. So my question is: Are liveries made for the SF and PCF versions with both PW2037s and 2040s compatible with it?

Edited by vdae

At this point I'd not recommend to spend any money on CS, as they already abandoned any P3D development.

Back to your question, Liveries can cross same engine's different rating, as the 3D model are same, but not sure SF and PCF version.

But as I can tell with PAX version, transplant from PW to RR is also quite easy.

Using the CS 'ACE" system to install liveries; if the painter who made the livery designed the repaint for the PW model, it will show up as that repaint. If a freighter was designed by a painter as a RR model, it will not show up as a PW model.

ACE will only allow you to install available liveries to their respective models.

I have just reinstalled the 757 III freighter. There are very few specific freighter repaints, but I don't need many. They've abandoned P3D development? News to me. They did a 737-300, then a 500 and 400, granted not much difference. I like them just fine, and use all the P3D products except the 767 freighter (which doesn't have an opening door?) plus their 737-200 series in P3Dv5.2. I doubt we'll see much more from them in the future, although that's just my sense; I don't have any source for my speculation.

23 hours ago, C2615 said:

At this point I'd not recommend to spend any money on CS, as they already abandoned any P3D development.

As far as I know, there's no other publisher guaranteeing to port their addons to the next generation of P3D. So only because CS is openly saying no to P3D future versions, this does not mean you shouldn't buy/use their products in the actual version. 

I like all of CS' planes and use them much more than any other ones, since they have the right complexity for me. 

Dan

P.S. The 757 is certainly a matured product I'd recommend to buy because of that. 

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I will stay away from CS products. What they have done with 777 for MSFS was tremendous mistake for them in sense of loosing reputation as a reliable developer. The same for the "Freighter" version of 767 for P3D. 

No, thanks. 

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'll pass the buy and I'll keep my eyes out for another freighter😊

Regards,

Viggo.

If you really really want to fly 757, you can buy QualityWings 757. For 15 USD (yes, 15 USD) you have all variants (-200 / F / -300) with all type of engines - and it works for P3D v5. Of course this is less complex aircraft in terms of texturing quality and systems. But I said before for 15 USD you have all variants, to achieve that with CS 757 you have to spend ~205 USD! The choice is obvious here 

YOu can also consider the Flight Factor 757 for X-Plane - very good aircraft.  

3 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

One reason I keep three sims operating.!

3 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

I already have CS757, but do have some interest on FF757 then, how is it compare to CS757?

CS757 itself is moderately good for me, QW757 as I have tried is out-of-questionly too low standard for me.

My X-P is mainly for those aircraft I can't get for P3D, like 727.742,Tu154 A310,A340.... and I do have FF's A350, which is pretty mid-to-low average IMO, about the same level to QW787. while the "modern avionic" pack do stand out a bit, it's also not the 3 big screen more-modern style I'm dreaming of then...

9 hours ago, C2615 said:

I already have CS757, but do have some interest on FF757 then, how is it compare to CS757?

CS757 itself is moderately good for me, QW757 as I have tried is out-of-questionly too low standard for me.

My X-P is mainly for those aircraft I can't get for P3D, like 727.742,Tu154 A310,A340.... and I do have FF's A350, which is pretty mid-to-low average IMO, about the same level to QW787. while the "modern avionic" pack do stand out a bit, it's also not the 3 big screen more-modern style I'm dreaming of then...

In terms of modelling, the cockpit is fine, but the exterior wings and engines are a little funky and may not be as great as CS IMO. Systems is pretty great, really nothing bad to say about the systems. I think the only reason why you may prefer the CS is the texturing, FF's texturing isn't that great on the 757, it looks a bit cartoony in my opinion. If you really care about the visuals, the FF 757 may slightly annoy you, but even if you're super picky about visuals the FF does do the 757 justice. The FPDS upgrade also is really good, I don't remember having any issues with them either. 

Pretty vs functionality? I take functionality. Not everyone can be a Super Model PMDG. 🙂

On 11/3/2021 at 11:12 AM, ark4diusz said:

If you really really want to fly 757, you can buy QualityWings 757. For 15 USD (yes, 15 USD) you have all variants (-200 / F / -300) with all type of engines - and it works for P3D v5. Of course this is less complex aircraft in terms of texturing quality and systems. But I said before for 15 USD you have all variants, to achieve that with CS 757 you have to spend ~205 USD! The choice is obvious here 

I actually bought the QW 757 a while back, but unfortunately, I had to ask for a refund since the functionality was too simplistic for me.

I don't have X-Plane at the moment, but who knows what the future holds ;)

vdae,

Assuming CS has their annual Christmas sale again this year, it may be worth it for you to wait for the CS757F. (I picked up the base and freighter for $25/each.)

Most of the glitches have been worked out (I think it's version 1.7 now) and it's not a bad aircraft. Keep in mind, there is no winds aloft import for the FMS and the textures are not PBR for the CS757. The modeling and flight dynamics are decent. Also be aware, CS has stopped all development for P3D.

Sadly, CS never followed up with a proper freighter for their 767...they finally lost me as a customer.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, rmeier said:

vdae,

Assuming CS has their annual Christmas sale again this year, it may be worth it for you to wait for the CS757F. (I picked up the base and freighter for $25/each.)

Most of the glitches have been worked out (I think it's version 1.7 now) and it's not a bad aircraft. Keep in mind, there is no winds aloft import for the FMS and the textures are not PBR for the CS757. The modeling and flight dynamics are decent. Also be aware, CS has stopped all development for P3D.

Sadly, CS never followed up with a proper freighter for their 767...they finally lost me as a customer.

Sorry for the late reply, rmeier😅

I'll be keeping an eye out for the sale!🍻 I actually picked up their 757 base pack during their christmas sale a couple of years ago, when it was priced at 15 bucks. Hopefully they'll have a similar discount this christmas!

IIRC, they planned to release an update for their 757 after the release of their 767 freighter, but I might be wrong.

Agreed, smh at their latest releases🤧

Viggo