Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

WINGSIM - MKJP

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you noticed the ILS appears offset?

Not so far. I can´t remember having fixed the ILS in my afcad. I´ll have a look.

According to my Navigraph chart a 3° offset is there. So the scenery is correct

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Not so far. I can´t remember having fixed the ILS in my afcad. I´ll have a look.

Using Radar Contact I was given a 30° intercept heading for Ray 12.

Once the localiser became alive I hit the VOR lock. When the localiser was aligned I noticed I was left of the centre line and had to switch to manual for the landing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@blaunarwal, I've checked those two folders and I have windsock entries in both MKJP files / folders.

I've also been sent a rar by the developer and extracted those files replacing the originals. The rex X remains. It's south of the runway at the eastern end. Do you see a windsock there?

Which files did you download from your SimMarket account? Just the primary exe installer or the update too?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've also been sent a rar by the developer and extracted those files replacing the originals. The rex X remains. It's south of the runway at the eastern end. Do you see a windsock there?

Which files did you download from your SimMarket account? Just the primary exe installer or the update too?

Sorry for my late answer. I have never seen an X at MKJP. I wasn't flying yesterday so could not check if there's a windsock. Maybe tonight. 

My further ideas are:

Is SODE working on your system? Sometimes it's just not registred anymore. If you don't have SODE Jetways only windsocks it may take some time to realize SODE isn't working

Did you once reinstall MKJP? Just a quick reinstall, adding the mods and then it should work, I assume.

I can't remember, what I installed. It is strange, the main download is named v2 and the update 1.02. The update is from 2021 and the v2 is from 2022. So if I followed my usual procedures, I did not installed this update, since it is obviously no longer needed.

Dan

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@blaunarwal. Hi Dan. No worries. The parking positions inside buildings has been resolved. Must have been a loading glitch as I didn't change anything

Yes, the red X SODE windsock problem persists. The developer is looking at it. I did spot something and wrote to Luis with this...

"Looking at WSM_MKJP.xml there are 3 Windsock entries. The SimTitle is sksm_WindsockSlow, sksm_WindsockMedium and sksm_Windsock_Fast.

But in the model.WindsockSlow folder the filename is skrg_Windsock_slow.mdl.

Could that be the problem?"

I'm no expert on SODE but I do understand how it works. I reloaded it using my hotkey yesterday and all the SODE objects were loaded okay bar the windsocks. Thought on the above?

I might reinstall again but this time without the update. I don't see how it can be needed for v2.

Installing static aircraft via SODE files is bizarre. I've removed those.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

37 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm no expert on SODE but I do understand how it works. I reloaded it using my hotkey yesterday and all the SODE objects were loaded okay bar the windsocks. Thought on the above?

Ray go to:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log

Open the 'SODE' text file and search for MKJP. It will likely list an error, since the module works fine and just gives a red X when reading the conresponding xm file. My guess would be Environmental Data Probe error...

PS: the log gives a good overview of all sceneries using SODE and all errors it throws whilst scanning the .xml files, perhaps there could be more that needs tinkering?

Edited by Antonov22
  • Like 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

@Antonov22, great tip Peter, thanks. I’m going to mow my lawns now and will check the log after that. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I searched the log for MKJP and no references to errors were found. But I did spot this...

[11:31:29.787] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'sksm_WindsockSlow': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist!
[11:31:29.787] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'sksm_WindsockMedium': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist!
[11:31:29.787] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'sksm_WindsockFast': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist!

I referenced this in an earlier post. But if I have this problem why doesn't Dan have it? I'm running v5.3HF2. Are you Dan?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I referenced this in an earlier post. But if I have this problem why doesn't Dan have it? I'm running v5.3HF2. Are you Dan?

No, I have the windsock there, standing at threshold rwy30 I see it about 11 o´clock.

As I said, I reinstall of the scenery will fix things from this side. The other side is SODE itself. The sode platform manager can tell you if it´s running well instantly. I have no other clues. 

Just saw in the directory of WSM_mkjp i have the WINGSIM_ MKJP_SODE_PAPI_LIGHT.exe. Did you ever run this?

@blaunarwal, I have no EXE with that name. I have one named WSM_MKJP_SODE.EXE.

I have run that. Why do we have different executables?

Can you please confirm if you have jetways? I have none.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here's an entry from the SODE log after deleting MKJP from P3Dv5 Addons and also the MKJP folder in SODE\SimObjects and mkjp from the xml folder and reinstalling as per the instructions...

[17:12:26.580] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  - SimObject 'WSM_MKJP:MKJP_WINDSOCK' [12bPilot_SODE_MissingObj]. ID: 202

Missing object! There's something wrong with the files from SimMarket. I'm going to have to wait for the developer to fix it.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can you please confirm if you have jetways? I have none.

The .exe was my fault. This was still there from this 1.02 update. The .exe you wrote, is in the v2 package.

The jetways I have are from GSX. I have a .ini file for it in the data\scenery directory. If it doesn´t work, do you have Cuoatl and GSX in your Add-ons Menu?

I don´t think the files from Simmarket are wrong but the installation is broken. 

P.S. The bad placed GA hangars are in wsm_mkjp_2.BGL, which is one object for a lot of buildings, which can not be separated. So it is not possible to move these hangars. The only thing one could do is replacing all these buildings with other library objects with ADE. But I don´t want to do this. I just moved the taxiway in my afcad I shared in this thread before.

Edited by blaunarwal

No jetways with GSX running suggests another problem to resolve. The hangars seem fine now.

I’ll stick with a default install until I hear from the developer. Football now and I’m out tomorrow so it might be late tomorrow or Monday before I can return to this.

I’ve installed loads of scenery over the years without issue but the lack of an installer plus these problems makes it the most problematic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is Really just insane why couldn't they have just did a regular install like latinvfr does in addons tab smh Love mkjp but the devs have made this install similar to a freeware fsx airport! I finally got some boats to load but terminal was in the ground with no jetways finally got Sode to work gates show up but no terminal or control tower like offensive initials not allowed and all i see is the same ole carribean airlines 737 pls Help!

Edited by Haitianpilot44

The lack of jetways has been resolved. The ini file in the scenery folder had a generic path. Once I corrected it they now show.

Very poor show for the installation procedure. There should be a exe to install everything.

Still waiting to hear back from the developer.

@Haitianpilot44, you need to contact the developer. The more that complain the more he needs to improve the process.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather