Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Can't find Prepared file

I couldn't find the Prepared main folder while trying to install REX Active Sky. I got the serial number and everything else right, but couldn't locate the default folder. I have Prepared v4. I installed Prepared v4 in the D:\Drive.

The pop up in question has options for Prepared v1,2,3,but not 4. It also has as options FSX SE and FSX.

Look in your D drive. Is there a P3D parent folder there?

Then open Control Panel - Programs and Features. Do you see entries for Prepar3D v4 Client, Content and Scenery?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The D Drive has a folder, application, and a Adobe Acrobat.

The Programs and Features does show the Content and Scenery.

16 minutes ago, jetsmell said:

The D Drive has a folder, application, and a Adobe Acrobat.

The Programs and Features does show the Content and Scenery.

But earlier you said you couldn’t find the Prepar3D main folder. Are you now correcting that statement?

If Content and Scenery show then the program has been installed.

Do you have a cfg at this location?

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know where it is but REX can't find it.

Maybe another REX user can help. Are you sure that version of REX is compatible with v5?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm confused...REX does not make Active Sky, HiFi Simulations does.  Is this a REX program, or is it ActiveSky?  What program and what version?

One of two things is most likely the case--first, the program is not made for 64-bit P3D and isn't looking for it, or second, possibly it is and the registry entry that defines the P3Dv4 root folder is missing.

The options you're seeing are all for 32-bit platforms (FSX/FSX:SE, and P3D v1-3).  It seems most likely to me that your program, or the version you're running, isn't compatible with 64-bit P3Dv4 or v5.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

There are two programs that I'm having trouble with. Active Sky Next and REX Sky Force 3D.

Hi Jetamell,

I recently purchased and installed Rex Sky Force 3D for P3D version 5. What I did was redirect the installation path to my "D" drive.

Did you download the User's Manual for Sky Force 3D? In the manual it has a "Red" letter warning to NEVER install Rex into the main FSX or P3D folder. This could cause major damage to your flight simulator. You can download the manual from REX's website if you have not yet done so.

Hope this helps,

Raymie

Since more than one program is not recognizing the location of Prepared on the D/ Drive, maybe I should move the location. If that is done how and where do I accomplish that?

Right now it looks like this; D:\Prepared.

@jetsmell, you have been asked a question by Bob which you haven’t answered.

Before you do anything please answer his question. It sounds like you’re trying to install 32-but programs for a 64-bit P3Dv4. That won’t work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 11/1/2021 at 7:38 PM, jetsmell said:

There are two programs that I'm having trouble with. Active Sky Next and REX Sky Force 3D.

It looks like jetsmell is having difficulty trying to install both REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky. I do not have Active Sky installed but do have Rex Sky Force 3D installed. According to Rex's website, Sky Force 3D  is good for P3D versions 1-5, FSX & FSX Steam.  I have Sky Force 3D installed for P3D ver. 5+ and it works well. I am a little confused regarding what jetsmell means by "Next".

Raymie

On 11/2/2021 at 2:38 AM, jetsmell said:

Active Sky Next was for FSX and 32-bit P3D. It cannot be used with P3D v4/5.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Both Programs were purchased from PCAviator. For Active Sky Next it said it's compatible with FSX/P3Dv2.5 or later. It also didn't say if it were 32 or 64 bit. I now have Windows 11, could that have anything to do with it?

11 minutes ago, jetsmell said:

Both Programs were purchased from PCAviator. For Active Sky Next it said it's compatible with FSX/P3Dv2.5 or later. It also didn't say if it were 32 or 64 bit. I now have Windows 11, could that have anything to do with it?

Active Sky Next is not compatible with P3D v4, you need to buy ASP4 or ASP3D in order for it to work with P3Dv4. SkyForce has different downloads for the 32bit and 64 bit version of the program, you'll find it in your account.

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!!