Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonasbeaver

American Accent ATC in KirKuk & Damascus Center. LOL

One thing that might make it as real as it gets is some accents when in other countries. Today was my first flight out of the USA and I just noticed the midwest accent in IRAQ LOLGAry

Guest fsxmissionguy

Dood,If you're flying over Iraq ... your ATC controller is gonna have a midwest American accent.I'd follow his instructions if I was you also.

There are several alternate voice packs, some in different languages, some with varying accents, mostly in payware due to the time and expense of recording all the thousands of phrases.Regionalizaton can be accomplished. It has been in several cases. However, I've not seen any product with the ability to have changing accents and voices based on the location of the user aircraft.You can get European accents, but you will have them in the US and Asia. You can get 'hispanic' accents in Central/ South America, but you have them in Europe also."As real as it gets" only means - as real as we can make it right now.

Guest tcable

I still maintain that the future is text to speech. My Laptop does it with the GPS (Trips and Streets)Plus ATIS (in the usa) is text to speech driven now- at least at major airports like BOS.Plus there is simply more power now to process the text to speech. thread it off as it is minimally dependent on the FSX core.However this will happen no sooner than FS Next(11) if it is in the cards at all. Maybe this COULD be done by an enterprising developer under FSX.

>One thing that might make it as real as it gets is some>accents when in other countries. Today was my first flight out>of the USA and I just noticed the midwest accent in IRAQ LOL>>>GAryJust curious as to what a "midwest" accent is,...I mean, I know "southern" and "minnesota" and "boston", and "Philly/New York" and "California"...but I don't know what "midwest accent" of American English is.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I don't think I've ever heard a California accent before.

Midwest is the generic hard to localize / describe US version of English - like Ronald Reagan and Johnny Carson.California is the same - but with the words "Like" and "You know" used several times in each sentence.

>>However, I've not seen any product with the ability to have changing accents and voices based on the location of the user aircraft.Reggie,I presume you mean in either FS9 or FSX. In FS98 and FS2000, ProFlight was able to regionalize accents by world ATC sector and airline.Bruce

>I don't think I've ever heard a California accent before. Well, if you're FROM California, you might not notice it.They say "I'm going to tahk to you", instead of "I am going to talk to you". They tok tok.It's also the "pace" of the way they speak. They will say, "I'mjustgoing down there.", instead of "I'm just going down there.".And it has kind of spread--you'll hear it in Oregon, Utah, etc. sometimes.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

>Midwest is the generic hard to localize / describe US version>of English - like Ronald Reagan and Johnny Carson.>To me that is standard king's US English. Except Reagan did have a slight little northern accent there, "Whell, I hooope all of yooou doctors are Republicans".Some of the ATC voices in FS are clearly Minnesota accent. One of the male voices in particular, is blatant. :) But I have heard that same accent in Washington state, North Dakota, Colorado, Michigan, too...basically northern tier.>California is the same - but with the words "Like" and "You>know" used several times in each sentence.I don't think Cali is the same, I can pick out Cali in one sentence. :)Aw, California hasno accent! Can't imagineit. I don't tok any diff'rently than anyonelse! I mean, thisis how normel people tahk!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

Guest jonasbeaver

Kings US English?thought the 'mericans won the revolution...:)