Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

A couple of FSX SP1 teasers !!!!!!!

Just browsing over on Gary Summon's forum (UK2000) and spotted a couple of comments from Gary, who obviously has been priviledged as a developer to get his hands on SP1:"I can certainly confirm the speed inprovement with FSX SP1.So this is a very welcome update.""More good news DXT1 texture now work as they did in FS9, no more black edge bushes"Not much I'm afraid but at least it is a start. Also, not sure if Gary posted these screenshots of forthcoming Gatwick Xtreme, using SP1, but the fps displayed are in the 30s ! Great aiport rendition by the way.http://www.uk2000scenery.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=855.0P.S. Keep watching all the forums, maybe some others will be able to post some news too.Cheers,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Mr Hyett,ALL personnel involved with FSX BETA testing are operating under a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA). Please do not post any more messages on any forum regarding this testing.I ask AVSIM Forum Moderators to completely remove all of these posts regarding FSX BETA testing.I will be notifying MS concerning these types of posts.Frank BassFSX BETA Test Team

That's not even about SP1 beta.....lolIt's about a new airport scenery....not sure how new airport scenery and SP1 beta testing come in here????

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Perhaps it is because the person used quoted material which would indicate UK2000 did indeed make the following statement:Just browsing over on Gary Summon's forum (UK2000) and spotted a couple of comments from Gary, who obviously has been priviledged as a developer to get his hands on SP1:"I can certainly confirm the speed inprovement with FSX SP1.So this is a very welcome update.""More good news DXT1 texture now work as they did in FS9, no more black edge bushes"Not much I'm afraid but at least it is a start. Also, not sure if Gary posted these screenshots of forthcoming Gatwick Xtreme, using SP1, but the fps displayed are in the 30s ! Great aiport rendition by the way.Or, perhaps the individual passing this material to this forum is imagining things. :-)fb

Guest aarskringspier

I think perhaps decaf might be in order.

>Mr Hyett,>>ALL personnel involved with FSX BETA testing are operating>under a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA). Please do not post>any more messages on any forum regarding this testing.>>I ask AVSIM Forum Moderators to completely remove all of these>posts regarding FSX BETA testing.>>I will be notifying MS concerning these types of posts.>>Frank Bass>FSX BETA Test TeamWhile the Beta testers are under the NDA the OP is not (Unless he is a Beta tester himself). All he is reporting is what was already stated in public. Assuming the info is correct. Although I do agree the person or persons who are under the NDA and leaked this info should be sanctioned. It's no different then a story being leaked to the press that shouldn't be, doesn't stop every other news agency from reporting the same thing once it's out in public!! That being said, this is AVSIM's forum, if they choose to extend the NDA to posts like this on this forum from non Beta Testers, that is their right!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

For the record - I am NOT a beta tester and am therefore not constrained by any NDA, and as was stated by someone else, I was merely repeating what had been publically posted on another forum, which any member of the community was quite at liberty to read for themselves. Everyone is anxious for whatever news is available concerning FSX SP1 and as AVSIM is an open forum I do not agree with Frank's sentiment that the topic should be removed.If Frank has an issue, then he should take it up with MS and the rest of the Beta testing team, not with loyal customers of Flightsim, like myself.Get a life !Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

You can't really fault Stuart for reposting something that was posted on another forum.I'm more than willing to remove any posts that ACES feel violate the NDA at their request.

Does the NDA allow Beta Testers to identify themselves in public?

Good lord, someone gets picked to be a beta tester and suddenly they are the king of the Internet. Get real buddy. By the way, you forgot to put the "FSX Beta Test Team" sig in there. :-lol

Guest allcott

>Does the NDA allow Beta Testers to identify themselves in>public?Funny, was thinking the same thing. It certainly won't permit them to identify themselves as such. Nor is there any `official status` that would give rise to such a signature.Let's be Frank, something smells fishy, Bass. ;)Allcott

I agree generally one wouldn't be allowed to identify themselves as such when the NDA was in effect. This is also to protect the tester from being bombarded with requests for information he/she is not at liberty to divulge. Once the NDA is lifted, they usually can identify themselves, should they choose to. At least that was the policy on all the Beta's I have been involved in! It's possible he is from the original FSX Beta team and is free to identify himself. I believe Phil said the SP1 beta team is different and may not include everyone from the Original Beta!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I can't believe this. Mr. Beta Tester, as the OP said: get a life.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest LSflyguy

"I think perhaps decaf might be in order." ---My thoughts exactly! Honestly, I hardly think this is a "disclosure" that Phil Taylor hasn't stated openly himself in telling everyone the MINIMUM performance improvement in SP1 will be around 20%. It's not as if anyone has given away Microsoft's crown jewels by informing us that SP1 is making a significant improvement. In fact, I would be shocked to learn otherwise. Also, I couldn't find Gary Summons' reported quote in the link that's provided. Maybe it's in another thread, or perhaps it's been deleted, but I couldn't find it. All Gary has said is that his new "Gatwick Xtreme" scenery won't be released until after SP1 is out. Hardly an NDA violation there. Why get agitated over something so insignificant? No one's suffered any harm here, most certainly not Microsoft. Much more important is the fact that developers are releasing INCREDIBLE new airports for FSX, apparently with very good framerates, which is something the naysayers told us wouldn't happen for years. Don't worry, be happy. And take a look at the terrific screenshots in the OP link above to see what FSX is capable of.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Just so you all know, most of the FSX Beta testers came out of the closet when the FSX RTM NDA was lifted. So yes, Frank is allowed to identify himself as such. That cat was out of the bag a while ago.As for the rest of it, there's not much I can say except...insofar as individuals on the Beta team are concerned, he's right.Regards,Nick