Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

"Extend" autumn season?

18 hours ago, disco79stu said:

I'm not sure how I could have done this incorrectly, as you claim. There's not much to do "wrong" here....

Under "Airports" I added the ones I felt were not represented correctly, such as EDDM. I waited 24h, then it looked as shown above. _
But I understand that the areas that are set by the add on itself maybe can't be influenced/changed by the Manager.
Since SimWings doesn'T offer a season switch like others do, I guess I'm stuck with a white Munich airport for the duration of the winter....

M2ZYne0.png

Okay seems good, I suppose you also did push the update button afterwards?
You can disable SimWings' season switching. Just look at the Simwings EDDM / scripts  folder, there should be a file (something with "rain" IIRC); you can delete or uncomment the part where it says that snow textures (WI or HW, winter or heavywinter) should be applied if the time of the year is XY. If you copy the content of that file here I can tell you what to do exactly.

22 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Okay seems good, I suppose you also did push the update button afterwards?
You can disable SimWings' season switching. Just look at the Simwings EDDM / scripts  folder, there should be a file (something with "rain" IIRC); you can delete or uncomment the part where it says that snow textures (WI or HW, winter or heavywinter) should be applied if the time of the year is XY. If you copy the content of that file here I can tell you what to do exactly.

Sounds like a legit way, but I don't even have a scripts folder inside "sim-wings Pro Munich V5" (I do have them in other sim-swings sceneries though). There seems to be no lua script running for EDDM. Could this be an installation mishap? 

23 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

Sounds like a legit way, but I don't even have a scripts folder inside "sim-wings Pro Munich V5" (I do have them in other sim-swings sceneries though). There seems to be no lua script running for EDDM. Could this be an installation mishap? 

Hm I don't think so since it has an installer; unfortunately I do not have that installed at the moment so I can't check. Season changes can also be handled by sode-XMLs, so you could look in the SODE folders if you find something.

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Hm I don't think so since it has an installer; unfortunately I do not have that installed at the moment so I can't check. Season changes can also be handled by sode-XMLs, so you could look in the SODE folders if you find something.

Can't find anything unfortunately.

Probably the only way to avoid all these problems with the seasons is: Set a date in the P3D with the desired season and then fly with real weather. If a program records the flight (STKP or Volanta) then change the date of the finished flight after the recording. All tools that artificially change the seasons in the simulator scenarios only lead to further problems that one would never have with a complete change of the date in the sumulator.