Sign in to follow this  
SAPilot

Buffer...perhaps not.

Maybe null and void with SP1 on the horizon, but.....Just a quick note to those that have inserted the "buffer pool" line in their config. I was having some issues with stutters, and micro stutters...well I went in and changed only one thing, I deleted the buffer poolsize line. I know I may have had it too high, and that was causing it...but I removed it completely and actually gained some fps in the process, not to mention I lost the stutters. With all the configs out there, there is NO way it will work for all, but just spreading the word that not all "tweaks" tweak for the good of an individuals unique system.Danon O.

Guest BrianFletcher

I second that. I just picked up a few FPS and completely eliminated my stutters by removing the (bufferpool) section that I added when I was tweaking. I can now fly my heavies smooth as silk.

>Maybe null and void with SP1 on the horizon, but.....>>Just a quick note to those that have inserted the "buffer>pool" line in their config. I was having some issues with>stutters, and micro stutters...well I went in and changed only>one thing, I deleted the buffer poolsize line. I know I may>have had it too high, and that was causing it...but I removed>it completely and actually gained some fps in the process, not>to mention I lost the stutters. >>With all the configs out there, there is NO way it will work>for all, but just spreading the word that not all "tweaks">tweak for the good of an individuals unique system.>>Danon O.Second that .. same thing happened to me and out of desperation started removing some of the .cfg tweaks and gained fps and got rid of the stutter which occurred when taxiing.RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ