Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Before I make a bug report....

Is anyone else experiencing this odd phenomenon?  I don't see any airport beacons except from my departure airport.  If I fly directly over another airport it will eventually show up.  Seems like a scenery loading bug.

I'll report it but I'm wondering if anyone else observes this?

(in my pic the middle airport, my departure airport KSGS has a beacon, but the one to the right is KSTP (just 5 miles north of it), and KMSP to the west - both which have aerodrome beacons irl, are unlit.)

51651693230_9ee455a117_o.pngmissingbeacons by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Here is KSGS again, and KSTP to the upper right of my pic - I would easily see the beacon at this point...but nothing shows up.... I basically would have to fly right over KSTP to see the beacon in the sim.

51650844311_ee322cf04c_o.pngnobeacon2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've also seen this bug during night flights prior to SU6. The beacon at my departure airport stays visible several miles out but the beacon at my arrival airport doesn't become visible until I'm 1 or 2 miles away. I haven't tried since the SU6 update. 

Yes this is what I observe...using SU6 though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yes this is what I observe...using SU6 though.

Ryan You have to pay the electricity bill every month Brother 🙂 

Rich Sennett

I took the new Bonanza Turbo v.4 for a spin across central Florida last evening and it was the first time I noticed no beacons except my departure airport.  Thought it was strange, but it was late and didn't think anymore about it.  Never noticed that before that flight, and I run that route frequently, day and night.