Sign in to follow this  
Overdoze

FS2020 3090 and vr

Hello to all pilot friends!

I'm French, excuse my English :)

I have a pc with a 3090, 64Gb of ram, a powerful i9 and a g2 reverb.

Here is the problem: even in intermediate and with a rendering scale of 80% in the helmet and in flight I only get 40fps which is totally impossible to steal because it gives you nausea. In addition, the game is not very beautiful because of the low rendering scale and the low parameter.

I have to play with reprojection via openxr but there are artifacts.

Quite disappointing experience so far and I wanted to know if anyone knowledgeable about how to increase performance.

I would also like feedback from someone with a big setup.

Thanks everyone!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I had a Reverb G2 and with my 3090 I kept rendering scale at 70%. 40 fps is a normal framerate for that resolution unfortunately.

OpenXR reprojection is flawed by artifacts on the props and wings/sky interface, this is also well known.

That's just the status of VR in MSFS...

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

56 minutes ago, Overdoze said:

I would also like feedback from someone with a big setup.

Don't have as great a setup as you but I am running a 3090 with an i7 9700k, 32gb of ram and a G2. 

Do this. Install the latest nvidia driver, update windows 10 and ms store. In the ingame vr settings, turn everything to ultra with TAA at 100. In oxr, uncheck preview mode, render res set to 100 with motion projection off. HAGS off, Game mode off, Nvidia control panel settings at default.

Go to a busy airport and check for smoothness. You can check the fps counter to see if you're limited by gpu or main thread. With a 3090, I find the sim smoother and better looking when youre gpu limited rather than limited by the main thread so don't be afraid of cranking up all the setting to the max. Then adjust ingame vr settings accordingly. 

This is what I have my system setup as and it's working brilliantly. It should definitely work better in yours. 

Do report back! 

Mods can move this to the VR section if required. 

Edited by saifs