Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant

Flying the Cessna 172 G1000 and The Caranedo Cessna 182, and I can't input the altitude or the Vertical Speed with the quadrant dials. Nothing happens. I have to click on the screen knobs to input information. Any idea why this isn't working or If other people are having the same problem. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

I can’t recall having this issue, but I can take a look shortly if no one else does and report back if I am indeed having this issue, are you pressing the VS button on the honeycomb autopilot before using the rotary dial? (Even before hitting the autopilot master button)?

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Now that you mention it, For me I had to do exactly what was indicated in this video when I first got my throttle to get it to work! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Oh Yes. And I appreciate your help. Seems like the dials work say in the CJ4, or the Longitude Jets, but not in the 172 or 182. When you turn the dial to Altitude, and try and dial it in on the PFD nothing. And if I dial VS speed in, no adjstment is on the pfd. 

Walt Popowski

You should see the altitude and VS change in the PFD while you turn and enter the info with the quadrant knobs.

Walt Popowski

46 minutes ago, waltpop said:

OK I will do exactly that and thank you again

Let us know if that works for you once you’ve had a chance to try it!

Wow, that may be it. I just downloaded the driver. They never had one for MSFS as long as I had my Honeycomb Yoke and Quadrant. Dying to try it out and see if it fixed my problem. Once again Thank You to everyone for your help. I'll let you know if that fixed it. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

No disrespect intended, but they've had the AFC_Bridge software to activate the LED's since day one, available from the Honeywell or Aerosoft websites.  Been using it without incident since before Christmas 2020. NOTE: Just run the .exe file and it will find your Community folder and install the AFC_Bridge file.  DO NOT put the .exe file in your Community folder directly.

55 minutes ago, James Callan said:

No disrespect intended, but they've had the AFC_Bridge software to activate the LED's since day one, available from the Honeywell or Aerosoft websites.  Been using it without incident since before Christmas 2020. NOTE: Just run the .exe file and it will find your Community folder and install the AFC_Bridge file.  DO NOT put the .exe file in your Community folder directly.

I’ve been using AFCbridge also, are you having to run the exe file every time you use msfs? I’m asking cause not sure it’s normal but I have to run that exe file every time I load up msfs, I have to wait until I’m in the main msfs screen before running it though, which seems odd…not a big deal but just curious.

38 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

are you having to run the exe file every time you use msfs? I’m asking cause not sure it’s normal

Definitely not normal!

I did have to reinstall it recently as  the lights had stopped working, but otherwise it works every time without any intervention.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

20 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Definitely not normal!

I did have to reinstall it recently as  the lights had stopped working, but otherwise it works every time without any intervention.

Ya that’s odd…I’ll have to look into it…It seems it’s ever since I installed the Logitech radio panel that this has been happening.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Until 6 months ago or so i had to start MSFS in admin mode to have the lights working. And one day it was ok (after an update i think). Must be windows rights related...

Edited by webstef68