Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

Honeycomb Software / Drivers

Fellow simmers,

i do not understand the Honeycomb Software or Drivers concept.

When you ask for software or drivers, you get pointed at the Honeycomb Drivers page: https://flyhoneycomb.com/pages/drivers. When you scroll down there, you see the MSFS Drivers and X-Plane and P3D downloads. When you download and install it, you obviously get the Aerosoft ASUpdater installed (i dont want it!!), and nothing else.

spacer.png

When you scroll further down, you see a screenshot of the Honeycomb Configurator, but NO download button for that (you can only submit a support ticket).

spacer.png

When you search in Google for the Honeycomb Configurator, you get a link to the Aerosoft Honeycomb Config Tool Update 2.1.0, but again, NO download button.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why can i find a "driver download", but finally its the AS Updater?

What is the Honeycomb Configurator and where can i download it?

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

1 hour ago, Paladin2005 said:

Fellow simmers,

i do not understand the Honeycomb Software or Drivers concept.

When you ask for software or drivers, you get pointed at the Honeycomb Drivers page: https://flyhoneycomb.com/pages/drivers. When you scroll down there, you see the MSFS Drivers and X-Plane and P3D downloads. When you download and install it, you obviously get the Aerosoft ASUpdater installed (i dont want it!!), and nothing else.

spacer.png

When you scroll further down, you see a screenshot of the Honeycomb Configurator, but NO download button for that (you can only submit a support ticket).

spacer.png

When you search in Google for the Honeycomb Configurator, you get a link to the Aerosoft Honeycomb Config Tool Update 2.1.0, but again, NO download button.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why can i find a "driver download", but finally its the AS Updater?

What is the Honeycomb Configurator and where can i download it?

The drivers are built in to windows. I’ve never had to download drivers for either alpha or bravo. Well only to get the LED lights working and that was it. 

You only need Flight Simulator drivers for the LED's on the bravo to work. Don't overthink it. 🙂 Click on that first link, install and you're done. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Aerosoft Honeycomb Config Tool Update 2.1.0, but again, NO download button.

You have to sign in with an account before you will see a download button, at least that was my experience.

43 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

You have to sign in with an account before you will see a download button, at least that was my experience.

Odd, not the case for me. I wonder if it's somehow IP address dependent? Being outside the USA, I did not order direct from Honeycomb. Seems unlikely though.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

14 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Odd, not the case for me. I wonder if it's somehow IP address dependent?

For me downloading the Config Honeycomb tool from the Aerosoft website I had to have an account and be signed in? I suspect it might be that the honeycomb site doesn't require a login?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

What it does do is install the bridges in MSFS or Xplane.

Not sure why it's called "AFC Bridge". I assume it's a 'bridge' between the hardware and software, but as for 'AFC'...

I also find it shows as uninstalled in Content Manager, but unable to be installed from there, as others have described. Recently had to reinstall anyway as the lights had stopped working. Still shows uninstalled in Content Manager despite working again.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

24 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Not sure why it's called "AFC Bridge".

That stuffs beyond me. Just so it works. 🙂

What is the Configurator for?

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

10 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

What is the Configurator for?

It's for FSX (and, I assume P3D & X-Plane) to configure the controls and set up profiles. As MSFS allows this within the sim, there is no configurator download for it.

16 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Not sure why it's called "AFC Bridge". I assume it's a 'bridge' between the hardware and software, but as for 'AFC'...

I also find it shows as uninstalled in Content Manager, but unable to be installed from there, as others have described. Recently had to reinstall anyway as the lights had stopped working. Still shows uninstalled in Content Manager despite working again.

Mine afcbridge shows not installed in the marketplace also…I have to manually run the afcbridge exe file only when I’m at the main menu screen for led lights to work, if I do it prior to starting the sim lights won’t work, if I do it while I’m sitting on the tarmac lights won’t work. It’s odd, but works every time

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.