Sign in to follow this  
Guest huryt

No Landing and Taxi lights in FSX

Guest huryt

Is it a problem on my side or a microsoft issue?When i turn my taxi and landing lights on every aircraft i don't see theese lights from the cockpit and in the spot view etc..What is the problem?How can it be solved? P.S I know that there were topics like this but i didn't find solutions from them.

No it isnt your fault. It is a FSX issue. Apparently it uses a new method of dealing with these lights , all FS9 aircraft imported into FSX have this problem, they only show when in 2D cockpit.

Guest huryt

Ok.But i have this problem with FSX default planes.

>Ok.But i have this problem with FSX default planes.Then it is a problem on your side. They work for me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>Ok.But i have this problem with FSX default planes.Are you sure you have the setting for Landing Lights to illuminate Ground set in the Aircraft section of the Display settings?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I can always see the landing light on the default aircraft but I have never been able to see the taxi lights only, like on FS9.This happens when I switch landing lights off but leave taxi lights on or just turning on taxi lights without landing lights.What am I doing wrong?

>I can always see the landing light on the default aircraft>but I have never been able to see the taxi lights only, like>on FS9.>>This happens when I switch landing lights off but leave taxi>lights on or just turning on taxi lights without landing>lights.>>What am I doing wrong?Youn will only see landing lights...somehow the FSX "improvements"neglected the taxi lights. You won;t see them on ANY aircraft.I do have at least one imported FS9 aircraft where the landing lights are visable on the ground in VC but I don't recall whichone it is. I'm away from home at the moment aand can't check.It is probably one of the aircraft from Classic Britiash Flight Sims group. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Speaking of landing lights: I would have love to the light finally rendered as true shaders (a la X-Plane), not as those ugly, overlaid FS9 cones.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169613.jpgAlso: The FSX landing lights shine through the default airpiort buildings for me.Pat

Guest jcmckeown

I totally agree. Landing lights in MSFS are so ugly. They just make evrything looked washed out whereas in Xplane they look so good! I'll also agree that FSX is a 100 times better than X-plane overall however why is such a small thing so difficult to fix?Rgds,JCMK

Guest huryt

ok my problem was that option to illuminate lights on ground was off... LOL.

Guest huryt

ok my problem was that option to illuminate lights on ground was off... LOL.