Sign in to follow this  
chetwyn

HELP !!

I have lost this file 10-asobo_species.xml , am I able to download anywhere ? or can some kind soul email me a copy ?

Thank you

Roger

• Like 1

Microsoft file sharing is in violation of this site's TOS.  Did you delete this file?  Is it in your computer's recycle bin?  You should be able to do a repair to your Sim.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

As above.  If it is the steam version, you should be able to do a 'verify files' and it will re-download the missing one.

I always thought the Windows store version did the same when it does its long checking procedure at start-up.

How did you lose it if you don't mind telling us - we are all up for a laugh on a Friday! :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I think I must have deleted it while trying to adjust tree size, I have looked every where on my pc I have the Microsoft store version, I have a notepad copy of it but nothing else .

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

As above.  If it is the steam version, you should be able to do a 'verify files' and it will re-download the missing one.

I always thought the Windows store version did the same when it does its long checking procedure at start-up.

How did you lose it if you don't mind telling us - we are all up for a laugh on a Friday! :laugh:

Do not verify with Steam.

Steam only provides the Microsoft launcher. If you verify the files through steam this will install the entire sim again and has a tendency to break it.

Problem was that the customer base were so against using the Microsoft Store because of "issues" that they demanded it should be on Steam and ended up with even worse issues. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

1 minute ago, Rudiii said:

Do not verify with Steam.

Steam only provides the Microsoft launcher. If you verify the files through steam this will install the entire sim again and has a tendency to break it.

Problem was that the customer base were so against using the Microsoft Store because of "issues" that they demanded it should be on Steam and ended up with even worse issues. 

OK.  I don't have the steam version so I don't know, but I believe I have heard on here that some people have used the verify process with success.

• Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, chetwyn said:

I think I must have deleted it while trying to adjust tree size, I have looked every where on my pc I have the Microsoft store version, I have a notepad copy of it but nothing else .

You should be able to save it from notepad as a '.xml' file then if the formatting hasn't been messed up. 

It is basically a text file anyway just arranged as xml, and the .xml extension simply explains to the rest of the system what it is.

So 'save as' from notepad and make sure the extension is .xml

Or copy the text file to the correct location and manually change the extension to .xml

Edited by bobcat999

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

OK.  I don't have the steam version so I don't know, but I believe I have heard on here that some people have used the verify process with success.

Maybe changes have been made since this was an issue then, hopefully so. I'm also on the Microsoft Store version, but I recall a large amount of simmers being upset about their attempts to verify files when the sim was within it's first few months since launch.

• Like 1

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Thanks for replying,

I have looked at the notepad version but when I hit " save as " I cannot see anywhere to save as an xml file

18 minutes ago, chetwyn said:

Aren't all the files on the MS store version encrypted? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, chetwyn said:

Thanks for replying,

I have looked at the notepad version but when I hit " save as " I cannot see anywhere to save as an xml file

Think you can just rename the extension in that case or use Notepad++

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I renamed the file as suggested  put it in the vegetation folder  but the file is still empty !

4 hours ago, Rudiii said:

No we didn't get even worse issues; Steam has worked much better for updates, we don't have to jump between gamebar and MS Store app and Xbox app and whatever other hoops MS makes you jump thruogh. You only need read a few threads here about update issues to see how much better Steam has been. Also  Steam users don't have to deal with encrypted folder nonsense.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

15 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

No we didn't get even worse issues; Steam has worked much better for updates, we don't have to jump between gamebar and MS Store app and Xbox app and whatever other hoops MS makes you jump thruogh. You only need read a few threads here about update issues to see how much better Steam has been. Also we Steam users don't have to deal with encrypted folder nonsense.

^^^THIS^^^

Edited by TurboKen
  • Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

18 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

No we didn't get even worse issues; Steam has worked much better for updates, we don't have to jump between gamebar and MS Store app and Xbox app and whatever other hoops MS makes you jump thruogh. You only need read a few threads here about update issues to see how much better Steam has been. Also we Steam users don't have to deal with encrypted folder nonsense.

The particular issue I spoke about affected a lot of simmers at one point, if the experience is now better then that's good news.

When I say "worse issues", this was pre-release when people demanded it go on Steam due to issues they had with the MS Store with completely different games like Forza Horizon.

Edited by Rudiii