Sign in to follow this  
chetwyn

HELP !!

5 hours ago, chetwyn said:

I renamed the file as suggested  put it in the vegetation folder  but the file is still empty !

Not sure what you mean by this..

If you have the Notepad text version of the file.. is it roughly 15 KB in size?

Renaming it to .xml should not change the size.

Dropping it into the Vegetation folder should not change the size either..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Greetings Bert,

I saved the notepad as an xml, cut and pasted it into the empty file and just got the notepad txt ,the notepad file is with out the header ,

so I cannot do any more with it.

On a more positive note , I will no longer have to worry about the size of the trees !!

2 hours ago, chetwyn said:

Greetings Bert,

I saved the notepad as an xml, cut and pasted it into the empty file and just got the notepad txt ,the notepad file is with out the header ,

so I cannot do any more with it.

On a more positive note , I will no longer have to worry about the size of the trees !!

No cutting and pasting required...

Re-read what was explained above.

Also, make sure that you have View / File name extensions checked in Windows File Explorer!

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert,

I got your post asking for my Email, I gave it  but it is not showing in this post , I do not think it is permited on this forum

22 minutes ago, chetwyn said:

Bert,

I got your post asking for my Email, I gave it  but it is not showing in this post , I do not think it is permited on this forum

Sent you something to try..

Bert

So in trying to adjust the three sizes you wiped out 10 asobo species?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I had the steam version MSFS. I lost 10-asobo.xml. I booted up MSFS. The steam version of MSFS did not boot but instead asked me if I wanted to 1) copy the online cloud stored version of MSFS to my local desktop. or 2) copy my desktop version of MSFS to the cloud version. It did not ask me to verify the whole installation. I chose 2) and was good to go in a couple minutes. It only made that one brief change to that one file.

I don't recall if I started MSFS with no 10-asobo.xml or a 'dummy' very simple blank version. I can't recall but Steam fixed me right up. I wonder if the MS store version acts as nicely as the Steam version for doing this sort of thing?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If  you boot up the Steam version, and one or two little things is wrong, you get a message window saying something like The cloud version does not match the local stored version. And then gives you those 2 options. As stated, when that happened to me the fix was almost no time at all. I chose to use the cloud version and make my local version look like the cloud version.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I could not just boot MSFS without choosing 1) or 2), MSFS would not boot up at all until I chose one or the other, I could not just bypass making a choice. And I figured the cloud was probably the non messed up version.

14 hours ago, charliearon said:

...You should be able to do a repair to your Sim.

Did you try this?!

The repair process should take no more than a minute or two.

Please report back if this does or does not work.

Go here and select "Advanced options"

spacer.png

Select "Repair" as shown below , which should reinstall the missing file. (DO NOT SELECT "Reset")

spacer.png

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I have now got the file back into the vegetation folder, when I open it I have the notepad version in it , at the top of it it reads xml,

I am at a loss to turn the notepad back into the original file.

Thanks to all

Roger

3 minutes ago, chetwyn said:

I have now got the file back into the vegetation folder, when I open it I have the notepad version in it , at the top of it it reads xml,

I am at a loss to turn the notepad back into the original file.

Thanks to all

Roger

If you turn on show file extensions under "view" in File Explorer what is the full name of the file?  You need to make sure it does not have a .txt appended to the end of it automatically.  When you save it should be a Save As and then the filename.xml   Sounds like yours still has a .txt association to it. 

If so just change the name of the file and delete the .txt  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

There are a few freeware XML file editors you could try. I use XML Copy Editor. to edit XML files. It can also verify whether it has the right format.

You can past the text you have in there, check if the format is correct and save it. Hopefully that solves the issue.
The repair option that @somiller posted might only repair files in your base sim folder since it is meant to fix store items. MSFS is only partly installed from the MS Store, that's the stuff in your profile folder. Everything else is installed in Official/Community folders. A drastic option might be to move these folders to another location and force MSFS to redownload the entire sim.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I tried that, turned on file extensions, again saved as , deleted txt to xml but getting the same result . when I open the

file in vegetation it still the notepad .

Edited by chetwyn