Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

Anyone else seen these in FSX?

Dodgers Stadium adjacent to downtown L.A.; and about 65 miles east of SLC-------

Guest Challenger604

Yep mine's the same way. I believe I mentioned this in a notice to the Aces team... Maybe they will fix it. maybe they don't like the Dodgers that much?

Hey It's Dodger Stadium. If it were Yankee Stadium then it would really matter.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Yes, Dodger stadium is fixed in SP1.These are the result of a confluence of edge cases in the data export process. Given how we stitch together data from different sources ( sometimes at different resolutions ) our data export is a non-trivial process. As we find these sorts of anomalies and track down what is causing them, we refine our test cases in the export process.Just to give some scale to the problem, we have something like 22,000 airports in the product. If 200 of them have a data issue resulting in spikes or canyons that our export tests dont catch, thats a failure rate of .0090909 (repeating) for airports. Less than 1/100th of a percent. I believe our failure rate is less than that for airports, this is just illustrative. We did spend some time mining various forums and looking for these on our own and have addressed more than a few, although not all, in SP1.

>Yes, Dodger stadium is fixed in SP1.>>These are the result of a confluence of edge cases in the data>export process. Given how we stitch together data from>different sources ( sometimes at different resolutions ) our>data export is a non-trivial process. As we find these sorts>of anomalies and track down what is causing them, we refine>our test cases in the export process.>>Just to give some scale to the problem, we have something like>22,000 airports in the product. If 200 of them have a data>issue resulting in spikes or canyons that our export tests>dont catch, thats a failure rate of .0090909 (repeating) for>airports. Less than 1/100th of a percent. I believe our>failure rate is less than that for airports, this is just>illustrative. >>We did spend some time mining various forums and looking for>these on our own and have addressed more than a few, although>not all, in SP1.Phil, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the world's largest waterfalls (Iguacu falls - Brasil) are missing in FSX. I wonder if that is going to be fixed as well.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>Hey It's Dodger Stadium. If it were Yankee Stadium then it>would really matter.If Yankee Stadium matters so much, then why are they going to tear it down? :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>Phil, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the world's>largest waterfalls (Iguacu falls - Brasil) are missing in FSX.>I wonder if that is going to be fixed as well.Iguacu Falls was made by the 3rd-party in FS2004. I expect the same to happen in FSX.Actually, I have not yet tried to import the FS2004 scenery into FSX. It might work! You should try it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Challenger604

I'm just glad or will be glad when the issues are fixed in the more traveled areas. I live in Santa Maria Californig KSMX and I've had to rely on add-ons to make it look decent, even Mega Scenery left this area out. It would be nice for a company to do all of California and not just parts.Anyway thank you Phil for taking care of the areas you are. I wonder if you can bet in Vegas on what day SP1 will be out?

Thanks for your answer, Phil.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest SimFan71

I live in SLC, and use that as my base of operations so to speak in FSX, so I've seen the one in the mountains east of SLC...ain't she a beauty?First time I saw that rising up in the distance I had to go and check it out, you can see it in the distance pretty much after flying east from KSLC for about 5 minutes - while it would be nice to see it fixed in FSX, in some ways it would be nice for mother nature to create that in real life, would be quite the talking "point" (pun intended, sorry).