Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

53 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I even went as far as uninstalling

I could never understand that action. For one they all work well side by side. Prepar3d, Xplane and MSFs. SSD's for each are also cheap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

I could never understand that action. For one they all work well side by side. Prepar3d, Xplane and MSFs. SSD's for each are also cheap.

I don’t have time to maintain multiple sims let alone find time to even use the sim, and every time, and I mean every time I let p3d sit for any amount of time over say a week or so it seems when I start it up there is always something gone wrong that needs to be looked after or fixed. 

So I figured I’d give msfs a shot and uninstall p3d, if I ever do decide to go back, I would start fresh anyways. And even if I do look at going back to p3d, I may opt to go the X-plane route this time around instead, by ripping the band aid off, I feel like I have fresh options. 

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I spend NO time maintaining the sims I operate. Startload plan and fly. Apart from an occasional update,

Edited by Adrian123

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

I spend NO time maintaining the sims I operate. Startload plan and fly. Apart from an occasional update,

Good for you, I spent lots of time maintaining.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

27 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Good for you, I spent lots of time maintaining

Well, possibly I'm doing something wrong. I have P3D runing in a full blown B737 home cockpit.  Start P3D and Add-on software, Batt switch 'ON' at the Ovhd and flying. No maintenance required. Do I miss someting?

Ruediger

Edited by Ebertr

19 minutes ago, Ebertr said:

Well, possibly I'm doing something wrong. I have P3D runing in a full blown B737 home cockpit.  Start P3D and Add-on software, Batt switch 'ON' at the Ovhd and flying. No maintenance required. Do I miss someting?

Ruediger

That’s odd, Weird you would say your possibly doing something wrong, your clearly not if you don’t have no maintenance issues, why would you think your doing something wrong?

Other than that, I’m not sure what to tell you..every time I let p3d sit for an amount of time I’m met with warning pop ups, sometimes it’s .dll issues, sometimes it’s software add on issues, so I’d say no, you didn’t miss anything if your replying to my maintenance comment.

Folks, please note I am not down talking p3d , in fact I loved my p3d, I simply stated I have no time to maintain  multiple sims. between work, kids, the house, my other hobbies such as my 2 motorcycles, my 4 wheeling, my classic truck building and my simulator enjoyment, I need to pick and choose how my time Is spent, that’s all! If all I had to do is sim, I’d have all sims available including falcon 4.0, dcs, X-plane p3d msfs etc etc. which I love all of them, well maybe not dcs as I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure it’s great, which leads back to my first point, I have no time for dcs, but I’d love to give it a go.

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

That’s odd, Weird you would say your possibly doing something wrong, your clearly not if you don’t have no maintenance issues, why would you think your doing something wrong?

Other than that, I’m not sure what to tell you..every time I let p3d sit for an amount of time I’m met with warning pop ups, sometimes it’s .dll issues, sometimes it’s software add on issues, so I’d say no, you didn’t miss anything if your replying to my maintenance comment.

Folks, please note I am not down talking p3d , in fact I loved my p3d, I simply stated I have no time to maintain  multiple sims. between work, kids, the house, my other hobbies such as my 2 motorcycles, my 4 wheeling, my classic truck building and my simulator enjoyment, I need to pick and choose how my time Is spent, that’s all! If all I had to do is sim, I’d have all sims available including falcon 4.0, dcs, X-plane p3d msfs etc etc. which I love all of them, well maybe not dcs as I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure it’s great, which leads back to my first point, I have no time for dcs, but I’d love to give it a go.

Cheers!

Regarding Ebertr's comment that you quoted:  Sarcasm can be a wonderful thing...if detected.  🙂

• Like 2

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

22 minutes ago, JNS said:

Regarding Ebertr's comment that you quoted:  Sarcasm can be a wonderful thing...if detected.  🙂

Sure can 😉

Future?   With the latest v5.3 HF1 (with light on correction) LOOKS GREAT!  RUNS GREAT!  This sim will be 'round for the Long Haul.... 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 4

On 12/23/2021 at 5:21 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

Future?   With the latest v5.3 HF1 (with light on correction) LOOKS GREAT!  RUNS GREAT!  This sim will be 'round for the Long Haul.... 🙂

I must confess that I am new to "segment updating" P3D 5.3 in order to incorporate the latest hotfix so it was a little unnerving for me. However, I am very glad that I went through the update process and am very happy with the results. Having an older Jetline desktop, this latest update seems to have given me better sim performance all around including stutter free so-far.I know there is still room for more improvements such as to EA and possibly other items. However, given the result as I described, I see no reason for me to leave P3D behind for the so-called "other sim". I was even able to have my Flight1 GTN 750\650 updated as well!

The only wrinkle I have experienced in going from P3D 5.1 to 5.3 is that the landing and taxi lights on some of my third party aircraft do not illuminate the ground surface. I believe this was an issue prior to the hotfix and has been discussed in another topic.

• Like 1

The current version runs great and just looks amazing. If they fix the stutter/freeze bug (the one frustrating complaint most have) it's for now good. Yes with ORBX,REX,AS it looks great. I think with high fidelity aircraft used by so many it will continue to break ground. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 12:45 AM, remcosol said:

What will the future of p3d bring us ?

will v5 be updated or will they go to V6 ? Or maybe V5 is the end of the line ?

if there is going to be a V6 will it be compatible with add on software ( or the other way around )?

most add on companies have shifted to ms2020 it seems and I don’t think they’ll be coming back to p3d….

I'm about to down load and reinstall p3d this coming Saturday.

If there will be a upgrade or improvement on version five?

Here's hoping that the program will be more accessible to we who need to use a screen reader to interact with our computers?

Here's hoping that it will work with th e additional add on programs that we who need to see with our ears since our eyes don't work want to enjoy flying as well.

This rich playboy is going to reinstall his free ware Dassault Falcon 7X with his Pittsburgh Steelers Football Team paint job on it.

Here's hoping that someone will go out to the dassautl web site and grab the stats for the DF8X and strip the df7x down to it's source code and build a df8x for we rich playboy BVI Pilots.

Why would one want to upgrade from a df7x to the 8x?

1. the 8x can fly 500 nm miles further than the older 7x.

2. The fuel is 35 percent more efficient onboard the 8x over the 7x.

Yes, the 8x is only a small $60,000,000.00 and will cost the pilot roughly $5,000.00 per hour to fly her.

But this was my favorite plan3e in the older good old days of the FSX days.

The main added on program that we need these days is a free program called Talking Flight Monitor.

You can find videos of Talking flight monitor out on you tube and at the following web address:

www.talkingflightmonitor.com

The team also will except and appreciate any help from anyone who knows how to write code to help them to make flying as close to the real world as possible.

So, that's my two cents worth on this topic.

Ron Ham Radio Station by the call sign of KR3DOG

@Blind Pilot, have you posted about your requirements on the LM P3D forum? I’m assured that whilst they probably won’t reply they do read all posts.

Here is a link to the main Client forum which hopefully is the most appropriate place. Good luck and I hope you enjoy P3D v5.3HF2 which is the latest version.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Blind Pilot, have you posted about your requirements on the LM P3D forum? I’m assured that whilst they probably won’t reply they do read all posts.

Here is a link to the main Client forum which hopefully is the most appropriate place. Good luck and I hope you enjoy P3D v5.3HF2 which is the latest version.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

Hey Ray.

Many thanks for the link.

I'm off to the local Erie County Y.M.C.A. to take my aquatic fitness class and to swim my seventy-two laps which makes a 5,280 foot mile swim.

So, I thank you for the link, and when I get back home later, I will repost the letter.

Many thanks once again. 

Ron U.S. Emergnecy Certified Licensed radio operator and also licensed ham radio operator, both by the call sign of KR3DOG