Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

As I've said in the past,,,I use both sims.  MSFS is ONLY good for me when I fly VFR.  That's the only way to enjoy the scenery "candy".  P3d is my sim of choice for both VFR and IFR.  I would say that it's 90% P3d and 10% MSFS for me.  Flying high in MSFS gives me no real pleasure. I really do expect P3d to be a pleasant surprise when version 6 comes out.  I think we'll see developers recognize that too.  Time will tell, but P3d is everything Ray says regarding the massive improvements that have been made over the years.  Can't wait to fly it again tonight.

Stan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I will take what LM is giving 'cause I'm not moving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm doing a flight from Nashville to London right now using P3Dv5.

Everything is nice and smooth, weather is accurate and realistic, night lighting is great.  Never had a sim experience like this before P3Dv5.

If P3Dv6 is even a small improvement, then I can't wait.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

I'm doing a flight from Nashville to London right now using P3Dv5.

Everything is nice and smooth, weather is accurate and realistic, night lighting is great.  Never had a sim experience like this before P3Dv5.

If P3Dv6 is even a small improvement, then I can't wait.

Dave

On my way from EFHK to EKCH in the ifly 737 max.  Smooth as silk and looks great.  Hoping I’ll see the northern lights. 

• Like 1

Orman

10 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Navigraph no longer offers the FMS data only subscription. To resubscribe the Unlimited with charts and nav data is the only subscription available. I like to update my AIRAC monthly but after several times using the Navigraph charts always revert back to EFB. I guess I'll just hit the monthly subscription a couple times during the year to update nav data. I used to keep a yearly subscription for the Nav data and update monthly.

NOT TRUE.

I cancelled my Ultimate sub.2 weeks ago, got a complete refund and then was able to sub. for just data.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m perfectly happy with what 5.3 has given me. I could live with it for a long time.

Once I have Concorde I’ll have sim nivarna.

I might even join you! Will certainly help to keep my mind sharp, judging by your previous comments on the skills required.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

8 hours ago, PavlinS said:

What's the point of good graphics if the flight model is not good? 

That's one of the main reasons I don't use MSFS much 😂

8 hours ago, PavlinS said:

What's the point of good graphics if the flight model is not good? 

Bad flight models didn't prevent us from using all the P3D version up to v5, did they ? How would that be important for P3Dv6 now ?

16 minutes ago, Kalnon said:

That's one of the main reasons I don't use MSFS much 😂

And that's also a reason many of us actually use MSFS so much. Clichés about the bad flight model in MSFS will not disappear from here any time soon, but that works for all sims, since the P3D flight models are nowhere perfect either.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, spilok said:

Flying high in MSFS gives me no real pleasure

so  flying  high  in p3d  gives  you pleasure  than 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I might even join you! Will certainly help to keep my mind sharp, judging by your previous comments on the skills required.

I started flying Concorde around 10 years ago but only switched the fuel handling around 3 years later. That adds a lot to the workload.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I started flying Concorde around 10 years ago but only switched the fuel handling around 3 years later. That adds a lot to the workload.

So, what you are really saying, is that I should be able to get my Concorde licence when I am about 90 or so? Gives me something to look forward to.😄

4 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

So, what you are really saying, is that I should be able to get my Concorde licence when I am about 90 or so? Gives me something to look forward to.😄

Not at all. 😉 But it’s a very different aircraft to Boeing and Airbus. Your first takeoff with full power + reheat will be an experience you won’t forget in a hurry.

Derated takeoffs? They don’t exist! 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, sim4life said:

The number of respected developers initiating new projects for the p3d platform in 2023 are maybe not literally zero but pretty darn close.

You can't know that, so you are again stating your opinion as a fact, but aside from that: Yes, there seem to be much more add-ons being released for MSFS at the moment. But don't forget those add-ons are already available for P3D.

13 hours ago, sim4life said:

Many of the p3d users are still in denial and thinks that the p3d platform has a bright future.

I don't have that impression. P3D definitely has a future, it is a professional product that is still in active development. The "bright" part is in the eye of the beholder. Me, and others here, are looking forward to the next version, that will most probably bring small, but significant improvements, while keeping backward compatibility. Exactly what we want.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else