Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

13 minutes ago, Daube said:

@Rogen

Maybe I don't get what's so special about that stall ?

Other that the fact that it's not P3D simulating that stall, but the Accusim engine instead, I did have a few similar crashes when trying to catch some thermals in a glider in MSFS, yes.

There is nothing special in stalling  while doing a totally uncoordinated turn at insufficient speed in any sim. You don't even need Accusim for that 😉

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So many topics descend into “my sim is better than your sim” arguments and get locked. So no, don’t discuss MSFS in this forum.

If anyone wants to start such a comparison start it in neutral territory. The Hangar Chat forum.

Just one rule. Respect the opinions of others even those whom you you disagree with.

While I understand the "my sim is better than yours" should be avoided, you can't just prevent the comparison discussions to happen, especially when it comes to imagining what the future of P3D could be like.

Opinions should be respected, that is right. Fake infos about other sims, not much. 

35 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

There is nothing special in stalling  while doing a totally uncoordinated turn at insufficient speed in any sim. You don't even need Accusim for that 😉

Ah right, I checked the ball and indeed, it seems the pilot did put full right rudder in that right turn, which triggered a stall of the right wing, correct ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daube said:

While I understand the "my sim is better than yours" should be avoided, you can't just prevent the comparison discussions to happen, especially when it comes to imagining what the future of P3D could be like.

Opinions should be respected, that is right. Fake infos about other sims, not much. 

We can prevent discussion. Topics can be locked if the debate isn’t mature and respectful. Sadly I’ve seen so many descend into pointless arguments and personal attacks. Some people just cannot respect the opinions of others.

if anyone wants to speculate about what future versions of P3D may bring that’s fine. That’s why this topic was started.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Daube said:

Relax, nobody is "shoving his sim to your face".

Your previous comment was comparing my sim to yours. I don't care for pre-history. Just, you were comparing. Stop. 

Btw, recently I purchased large amount of new airports, two of them of my hometown, Sofia. I believe, that at some point P3D will be again agenda to the developers, because, there is still a lot of airports that I do not own. So to me when it comes to the future I believe P3D has still a lot to offer. And this includes two planes at least, that I am waiting for - an Airbus A330 and Concorde from FsLabs. That will be awesome two planes to add to my already filled with Boeings fleet. 

06rKj3r.jpg

P3D can still look ravishing as the image suggests. 

Edited by PavlinS

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did I mention my commission? 😁

LOL, you’ll have to collect that from Navigraph since they made the sale. For a finders I can only say a hardy thanks.

• Like 1

Vic green

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did I mention my commission? 😁

You didn't quote your bank account. 

(Note to evil alter ego, I need that to start my hacking process).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

OK, I have had to remove several posts because of bad behavior.  Any more craziness and more will be put into the penalty box! :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

sim4life has been given a few days off following his multiple negative posts.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, sim4life said:

I also do know that the Avsim P3D forum used to be a friendly place where developers and the community contributed with help and addons, but these days it's just a bunch of hostile people and some guy dreaming about a concorde while threatening to close threads and ban everyone who doesn't praise P3D enough.

The same thing is happening in the Xplane forum as well. MSFS users who have no desire to use P3D or Xplane moving fwd are trolling the forums. As the old saying goes, if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem. Getting back the friendly atmosphere in the P3D and Xplane forums would happen quite quickly if the users of those sims didnt need to keep the trolls at bay. Please be part of the solution.

Edited by Garys
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, sim4life said:

What I do know is that every flight sim news page out there lists about 0 or 1 P3D addons for every 20 addons for other sims.

Maybe, but how many existing P3D add-ons are there already?

43 minutes ago, sim4life said:

I do know that several of my P3D addons are no longer compable or not even installable due to shutdown registration services and that their developers no longer care.

FS9 add-ons aren't compatible any more, but, from my experience, 95+ % of add-ons for FSX and older P3D versions are or can be made compatible. No need to install them, just add them with a reference to their location.

48 minutes ago, sim4life said:

If you like a flying museum then fine.

Who's silly now? I use a broad range of add-ons, some years old, some only months.

35 minutes ago, sim4life said:

The attitude in here just shows them they probably made the right decision.

The attitude is towards you, not the developers. By the way, is that you, Multisim?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

59 minutes ago, sim4life said:

What I do know is that every flight sim news page out there lists about 0 or 1 P3D addons for every 20 addons for other sims.

Hate to break it to ya, dear, but the amount of Add-on for Prepar3D is so large that no one can buy it fully, I use it for 4 years and I still did not took all the add-on's available for it, o doe I have most of the important ones. Unless has somewhere around 80K USD for flight sim, not to mention how many activation codes will be all that. So the fact that FS2020 is the only sim that has regular producement of add-on's atm does not mean P3D is left behind, mind the fact that P3D add-on's are a lot more than anything FS2020 has atm. 

And I'll repeat for I don't know which time. This is Prepar3D forum. Any person has it's favorite sim, stick to it's forum and stop comparing your sim to ours. 

Edited by PavlinS
  • Like 1

Whew.  Too much drama for my tastes.  I certainly hope we get a version 6.  Even if we don't, I'm okay with 5.3.  I've recently been using P3d's voice recognition functionality and you can almost eliminate having to punch in numbers for ATC.  It really adds to the immersion.  As far as I can tell you can't setup context related input and you can't have nested or multiple inputs with the same phrase.  But when you say "tower, requesting takeoff" and the sim responds with "cleared for takeoff" it's pretty awesome.  I know that there are other addons like voice attack and pilot2atc that can work as well.  So far, the native voice recognition is working well for me.  I for one hope that this functionality is kept and improved upon for V6.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

I have addons for Prepar3D that I've only flown to once or twice, or sometimes not even that... I still have so much to explore and do...

For example, the Comanche from A2A has been parked for over a year in Friday Harbor, even with the Pacific Northwest from OrbX and countless airports around...

Recently, I bought the MAX from iFly and have only flown with it a handful of times.

Abandoning the entire fleet of A319 and A320 from FSLabs? The same goes for NGXu? Abandoning dozens of airports and addons? even the Majestic Q400!? I can't...

I just want better TrueSky and better antialiasing, nothing more. Really!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Turning up saturation to 200% doesn't automatically make for a good-looking sim just FYI