Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

8 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

How am I supposed to reply something I had did not seen? Anyway, thank you. Also till when we are going to face MSFS2020 people saying that P3D users are " unhinged" and other unpleasant words? This is prepar3D forum, their sim does not belong here. 

As you point out this topic is about P3D. Any irrelevant posts about MSFS or insulting ones will earn the poster a holiday.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

I say I might take the place of the guy that was developing OpenLC Asia with a fully photoreal Asia happening overtime.

👍 That would be great.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

59 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

You might say that me, developing at the moment a own scenery for Kuala Lumpur and area is nothing, I say I might take the place of the guy that was developing OpenLC Asia with a fully photoreal Asia happening overtime. Then, dear, as well, I don't freaking care for your opinion. I AM proud owner of an Professional Plus License and even for me this means a brand new opportunity to actually start creating scenery for P3D. We will talk later when I am prob. the only one up there doing Asia scenery, till then if you have nothing good to say keep your mouth shut about me. 

will it be release for which version of P3D?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

9 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

will it be release for which version of P3D?

I still have much to learn, but I am sincerely hoping the scenery will be able to use in all versions of P3D on the market. At the moment I am trying to learn better scripting in ScenProc so I can do less manual labor for them, Also already took QGIS and now I am trying to work on water mask shapefiles and other things like that. It is not an easy thing to do, I am experimenting still. 

Edited by PavlinS

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Reader and @PavlinS, take your disagreement to private messages please.

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

Also, I did not saw the post of @Reader

I should point out that the reason that PavlinS has no idea what you are talking about is the same reason that I do not.
I have not contributed to this topic and I would guess that as he quoted "chapstick", they are the other party to the discussion
that you wish to censor.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

I have not contributed to this topic and I would guess that as he quoted "chapstick", they are the other party to the discussion

Apologies. It was Chapstick I should have tagged.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Apologies for my “unhinged” comment. There’s obviously a language barrier here. I didn’t say that I didn’t believe the guy has a P3D license, just that I don’t think it’s relevant to future state of the P3D ecosystem.

5 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Apologies for my “unhinged” comment. There’s obviously a language barrier here. I didn’t say that I didn’t believe the guy has a P3D license, just that I don’t think it’s relevant to future state of the P3D ecosystem.

Your apology is appreciated and I agree the type of licence ANY user has is irrelevant in this topic. Having said that if @PavlinS can develop scenery it will be much appreciated I’m sure.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

can develop scenery it will be much appreciated I’m sure.

I am entirely new into scenery development, the topic actually started to interest me 2 weeks ago. Thank you guys for the high remarks, but for now I am still learning how to do all those stuff. 

41 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

I am entirely new into scenery development, the topic actually started to interest me 2 weeks ago. Thank you guys for the high remarks, but for now I am still learning how to do all those stuff. 

Really appreciate your efforts, Pavlin.

Asia needs better scenery for sure.  The stock landclass is far from accurate.

Have you thought about just making landclass using ORBX FTX Global textures?  I'm not sure that photoreal scenery is practical for the whole of Asia.

Thanks.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Just now, dave2013 said:

Have you thought about just making landclass using ORBX FTX Global textures?  I'm not sure that photoreal scenery is practical for the whole of Asia.

I firmly believe that photoreal packages, for main cities will be easier. My first project at the moment is for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Maybe later I might create some regions, like, Qatar or UAE for it, but for now I am working on smaller scale of city terrain. I do want to eventually start work of development for ORBX, because their libraries are highly detailed, but for that I'll need to know a lot more. Landclass is easier, but one good photoreal package by my opinion gives more immersion. And after all we compete with FS2020 for better scenery, photoreal packages will prob. bring higher amount of users for P3D as a legit platform. 

On 4/27/2023 at 12:54 PM, PavlinS said:

Apologies, but curiosity is getting the best of me.

As you are just starting out and learning how to develop for P3D, and have not invested time, treasure and ego yet into the project; why would you invest time in P3D instead of other flightsims?  What makes it different from other flightsims? If earning something is the motive, I would think you'd invest time on something that has a larger customer base and hence more profit potential?  If money is not the motive, then why P3D and not X-Plane or Aerofly or some other flitesim or game?

Has P3D v6 been announced?

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

10 hours ago, OlliePen said:

Has P3D v6 been announced?

Obviously not. See 

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

23 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

As you are just starting out and learning how to develop for P3D, and have not invested time, treasure and ego yet into the project; why would you invest time in P3D instead of other flightsims?  What makes it different from other flightsims? If earning something is the motive, I would think you'd invest time on something that has a larger customer base and hence more profit potential?  If money is not the motive, then why P3D and not X-Plane or Aerofly or some other flitesim or game?

I am Prepar3D user and I will remain Prepar3D user for rest of my life. I invested into it more than 10 000 USD and I do not wanna change it. I am at the moment experience problems with ScenProc, trying to convert online purchased vector data into actual autogen for my first scenery project, which is Kuala Lumpur city area development. Waiting on responses in FsDeveloper. Honestly, I would rather speak here, but here I do not know any development forums for P3D. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1