Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

20 minutes ago, Reader said:

Orbx's landclass developer is in Ukraine, as has been posted on their forums many many times.
I would guess that flight simulator users' money is far, far away from his mind at the moment.

I am aware of that and I am surprised that ORBX can not dedicate this project to someone else, you'll tell me they have only 1 P3D developer in their team? I don't believe it. 

20 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

And if this is a reason enough for you to ban me from this forum as well I will be very depressed,

You’re not getting banned from here because you’ve done nothing against our rules. What I would suggest is you start a new topic if you wish to post updates of your work. This topic is for general discussion, not specifics.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re not getting banned from here because you’ve done nothing against our rules. What I would suggest is you start a new topic if you wish to post updates of your work. This topic is for general discussion, not specifics.

I will, when I have something to show off. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's hard for us to judge this argument. Can you provide a link to the discussion on your forum please? That allows us to see what was said by whom and to make a judgement on how best to handle this. I don't want the topic locking because of an argument between two members.

Everything that was said was deleted by rhumbaflappy. I'm not trying to argue - we were all just stating facts. As I said I most likely would support Pavlin with whatever he decides to proceed with but calling similar product trash is not called for. I've done Manitoba photoscenery for personal use - never published - for either it was v2 or v3 but either way I can appreciate the hard work and time along with many frustrations along the way for a portion of a Province let alone an entire country. I am sure if you politely reached out to Matthias he would try to help you out Pavlin...He is on here too.

• Like 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

1 hour ago, ywg256 said:

calling similar product trash is not called for.

I did not called that scenery trash. I used the word trash when they were arguing with me and I was calling their arguments trashing. 

@PavlinS, desist now please. No further discussion about who said what to whom. Start your new topic and discuss there. Not in this topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'll just remind I did not started that topic. 

Tomorrow is Tuesday!  Hoping we see some news from LM then.

Orman

39 minutes ago, okupton said:

Tomorrow is Tuesday!  Hoping we see some news from LM then.

It would be great to hear news tomorrow! I get the feeling they will wait until the upcoming FS show in Houston before they make any announcements. Either way, looking forward to what's ahead for P3D. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

7 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Some folks mentioned in this thread that V6 will be using Unreal Engine 5. Has this actually been confirmed somewhere ?

I have been told from a very reliable source it will not be using UE5 which was told to me around November/December. 

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

9 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Some folks mentioned in this thread that V6 will be using Unreal Engine 5. Has this actually been confirmed somewhere ?

No.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

9 hours ago, Baber20 said:

No, it was just some bloke spreading fake news.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

16 hours ago, Baber20 said:

@Baber20, there is an article saying that LM is "... engaged in long-term R&D efforts to create next-gen simulation solutions based on Unreal Engine." This, combined with wishful thinking, led to the speculations about P3Dv6 using UE5, but there are no indications either way.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library