Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

LM have no interest in the consumer market. P3D is developed to support its own products the fact that you choose to use it is down to you. but will not change if you don`t.

A very insightful view. Not only that they might have no interest but even if they did, their license from Microsoft prevents them from competing with MSFS.

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

For us, P3D users is not. So stop shoving your opinion in our forum, thank you. Also DLSS works in P3D v5 and v4 as well. Not need a setting, but on my freaking old i7 9700KF  with RTX 4090 I get more than 30 fps on very high detailed scenery [ True Earth Florida]. So you are not the only sim using DLSS technology. 

I’ll share my opinion if i want. I’m just saying recently i have switched and find MSFS more enjoyable as its a brand new upto date engine core and atleast the team at MSFS are fully engaged with future updates. MSFS is far more superior in using all the GPU. 

I still use P3D for single engine training on my full size fixed 737 training device.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Vernon Howells

It seems that most P3D main customers are not focused on flight decks since they have some sort of training device the simulates their main seat, controls, etc. I'm sure there are some customers that also use VR and guess those would interact more with a virtual cockpit. Wonder if any of this plays a factor in LM's decisions whether to invest more time into virtual cockpit lighting over external visuals, like cloud depiction.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

43 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I’ll share my opinion if i want. I’m just saying recently i have switched and find MSFS more enjoyable as its a brand new upto date engine core and atleast the team at MSFS are fully engaged with future updates. MSFS is far more superior in using all the GPU. 

I still use P3D for single engine training on my full size fixed 737 training device.

this topic is about P3D. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PavlinS said:

this topic is about P3D. 

And i’m also talking about P3D 

• Like 2

Vernon Howells

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Neil, I’ve always thought of you as a P3D stalwart. Why have you stopped using it? XP perhaps? Surely not to MSFS. Or have you run out of love with flight simming in general?

Without going into the gory details, I have pretty much switched to MSFS, but not to anywhere near the same level as I was in P3D. My projector-based cockpit is no more - dismantled - and I've really scaled down my simming. Mostly it's something I do with friends online a couple of times a week. Lots of reasons, not really related to P3D itself, but MSFS is the platform that my friends are using, so there I am. I don't often just fire up the sim to do some flying for myself, and the desire to make YouTube videos is really not there, either.  

I have had plans to build a new, better home cockpit for nearly 2 years now, but I haven't started due to ill health and honestly, a lack of motivation. If I ever get properly back into it (and I hope that I will) then I will need to decide which platform I'm going to use, but it's unlikely to be P3D because of the lack of 3rd party updates and new products, if I'm being honest, unless something miraculous happens. I'll assess the state of the market if and when it happens, and pick what I think will give me the best results overall.

But hey, LM may surprise us all.

Edited by neilhewitt
  • Like 8

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

@neilhewitt, thanks for explaining your situation. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, PavlinS said:

but on my freaking old i7 9700KF  with RTX 4090 I get more than 30 fps on very high detailed scenery [ True Earth Florida].

Ooof, 30fps with a 4090? That’s…..not impressive.

• Like 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I will be buying v6 if its using UE , i dont have MSFS2020 but looking at all of the videos and pictures but i think i wouldnt like it , too much green color 

6 hours ago, btacon said:

Gonna have to disagree with you there friend.  As a former P3d user of versions 2-5.xx it was a great and spectacular run, but it has long been eclipsed by the pure juggernaut that MSFS 2020 has evolved to in less than three years. 

Just an opinion,

-B

In gaming yes. 
Flight simulation…no. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

In gaming yes. 
Flight simulation…no. 

How so?  How does a PMDG 737-900 perform differently in P3d than it does in MSFS 2020?  Can you name one instance?  I suspect that you can’t because both planes perform equally as “Study Level” as it gets so no, with all due respect I believe your opinion is less objective and more subjective. 

Once again my opinion

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

A very insightful view. Not only that they might have no interest but even if they did, their license from Microsoft prevents them from competing with MSFS.

And at the same time MS offered the commercial licence for MSFS to any third party who wanted to continue the development of FSX, no studio wanted too.

And it was brought back on the understanding it was developed for the XBOX and Game Pass,

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, btacon said:

How so?  How does a PMDG 737-900 perform differently in P3d than it does in MSFS 2020?  Can you name one instance?  I suspect that you can’t because both planes perform equally as “Study Level” as it gets so no, with all due respect I believe your opinion is less objective and more subjective. 

Once again my opinion

Fully functioning Weather radar, DLink, and the EFB are a few missing features that come to mind. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Orman

@neilhewitt,

Superb!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...