Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

A while ago, I mentioned the lack of some features in P3D that always surprised me and that I wished would be included finally in some future version. One of them was the aerial refueling.

However, it seems such a feature might be included in the professional plus version of P3D, from what I read somewhere? So I tried looking on Youtube to see if I could spot any video showing that refueling, but didn't find anything conclusive yet. In fact, I haven't found any video of the professional plus version of P3D anywhere. Is there some kind of legal restriction to it ? Or did I just search incorrectly ?

I have seen recently some refuel videos from DCS as well as the latest version of Falcon BMS, and these look quite cool and way better than anything I could ever see in FSX or P3D (VRS included). Why isn't it possible to get something like that in P3D ? Why isn't it a base feature, although we did get some minimalist carrier operation ?

EDIT: to be more precise, I am not referring to the refuel gimmick of FSX and P3D where we just need to be in a certain place "more or less" to receive fuel (with VRS TacPack). What I would like to see is an actual animated refueling device, may it be a basket+soft tube, or articulated boom, and an actual connection to the aircraft.

Edited by Daube

2 hours ago, Daube said:

In fact, I haven't found any video of the professional plus version of P3D anywhere.

You actually do, Daube. All my P3D videos are produced on Prepar3D professional plus version. 

Yes you're right. In fact, after writing that message, I performed a search as well and found a few videos taken from P3D Professional Plus. My mistake was to include "refuel" or "refuelling" in all of my previous searches, which led to nowhere.

• Upvote 1

So, is there a v6 coming?  If so, what can we anticipate it will bring?  Still enjoying my PMDG Queen in this sim.

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Boomer said:

So, is there a v6 coming?  If so, what can we anticipate it will bring?  Still enjoying my PMDG Queen in this sim.

Unknown to all but LM. We believe there is a next version based on some things found on their website by accident and some change logs from vendors such as majestic and prosim.  That's all the facts that wr have right now.  That and that they are coming to FSExpo in June. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

This is getting painful. 

A few times a week I log on and view the P3D forum home page hoping to see “V6 to release next week” as a topic on the home page. 

Having so little information but knowing it’s coming eventually is killing me. 

3 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

This is getting painful. 

A few times a week I log on and view the P3D forum home page hoping to see “V6 to release next week” as a topic on the home page. 

Yeah.  I especially get excited on Tuesdays.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:24 PM, Daube said:

A while ago, I mentioned the lack of some features in P3D that always surprised me and that I wished would be included finally in some future version. One of them was the aerial refueling.

However, it seems such a feature might be included in the professional plus version of P3D, from what I read somewhere? So I tried looking on Youtube to see if I could spot any video showing that refueling, but didn't find anything conclusive yet. In fact, I haven't found any video of the professional plus version of P3D anywhere. Is there some kind of legal restriction to it ? Or did I just search incorrectly ?

I have seen recently some refuel videos from DCS as well as the latest version of Falcon BMS, and these look quite cool and way better than anything I could ever see in FSX or P3D (VRS included). Why isn't it possible to get something like that in P3D ? Why isn't it a base feature, although we did get some minimalist carrier operation ?

EDIT: to be more precise, I am not referring to the refuel gimmick of FSX and P3D where we just need to be in a certain place "more or less" to receive fuel (with VRS TacPack). What I would like to see is an actual animated refueling device, may it be a basket+soft tube, or articulated boom, and an actual connection to the aircraft.

A freeware project of mine does that, PayloadManager X, in all variants of P3D V4 and V5. You can attach the refueling device to any AI aircraft you fancy (and the matching probe to your own), program a route for the tanker, deploy it, and - refuel by capturing the probe. It uses the P3D features that allow you to attach things to other things to do this. Probe is animated too, it moves around, even with your plane attached. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but it was decent, all legacy sim things considered.
https://youtu.be/ak9MafSEUG4?t=233

You can also parachute with that app (=not only deploy parachutists, but actually jump yourself, using various avatars). 
PayloadManager X 0.97: Bail out (ejection seat) in Prepar3D - YouTube

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Unfortunately, it's not really what I was looking for. Your project, while being technically impressive, is not reflecting how a real refueling works. The "attachment" that you mentioned, is more like making your plane a fixed attachment to the refueling plane, which is not how it is in real world.

What I was looking for is the simulation of a refuelling as it's done in DCS or in Falcon4 BMS. That is, a refuel that is actually working as in real life.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, DChockey08 said:

This is getting painful. 

Yea I thought we would have heard something by now to be honest.  Wasn’t it like October when the V6 beta webpage was found? 

Edited by okupton

Orman

I hope that the P3D team have something really special to show the flight simulation community if they are intending to wait until FSExpo for the "big reveal" of v6. It will need to be if it is going to be anything more than a damp squib.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well right now they are just on the schedule to have a Q and A about the current and future of P3D.  There are 2 product reveal spots on the Friday schedule that haven't been announced yet and a panel discussion spot on Sunday that hasn't been announced yet too.  It's interesting as I hate to even bring this up here, but MSFS was announced to be attending the conference as well, but there is nothing on the schedule or the expo floor for them yet either.  WHO KNOWS!

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Where did the idea that LM is going to “reveal” v6 at Expo come from exactly? Sure, they could, but there is no evidence or suggestion from them that they will. The last expo they said nothing with a side of nothing in their time slot. In other words, I wouldn’t hold your breath — or I’m certainly not holding mine. 

You may have a point here. Let's just run through announcing at the Expo.

If they do, nothing but non-stop questions for two full days. On the other hand, if they announce shortly before, questions and technical support for two full days.

So, if there's a third option, it's unknown to me.

Edited by newtie
  • Upvote 1