Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Iadbound said:

If you fly on line, or like to replicate current airline routes, etc., not having charts and/or updated nav data is not practical.  Things change all the time.  For example, later this week, a significant chunk of the southern UK airspace is going to change.  

Yes. I understand that.

I don't fly online and make my own routes up. 

Theoretically, then, nothing changes in my fictional world and my ATC program will still vector me to the proper heading to carry out an ILS approach to the Runway as it was (is now and will be forever).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Share this post


Link to post

So LM is a sponsor at this year's FSExpo and they will be there.  So is Microsoft.  it is looking to be a very impressive expo this year.  Maybe they will be announcing something at that time.  Who knows.  But for those of you that don't keep up with some of this, you now know. 🙂

 


Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, jlohrenz said:

So LM is a sponsor at this year's FSExpo and they will be there.  So is Microsoft.  it is looking to be a very impressive expo this year.  Maybe they will be announcing something at that time.  Who knows.  But for those of you that don't keep up with some of this, you now know. 🙂

 

Jeez I sure hope well see something from LM before the summer.


Orman

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, IanHarrison said:

If your sim is all set up and no changes are made, won't runways and frequencies remain the same for ever?

Absolutely.  It's what I did for a decade...


Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, okupton said:

Jeez I sure hope well see something from LM before the summer.

Well, historically speaking, an April/May release would make sense. Then LM goes on tour, so to speak. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

There is a thread in the PMDG forum about P3dv6 where Robert made the following comment - 

"Please know that about 95% of what is written in this thread regarding P3Dv6 is speculative, even when represented otherwise.
I offer you that opinion from a well informed standpoint that is first hand, not second hand, nor inuendo."

Interesting. 😉

 

  • Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

There is a thread in the PMDG forum about P3dv6 where Robert made the following comment - 

"Please know that about 95% of what is written in this thread regarding P3Dv6 is speculative, even when represented otherwise.
I offer you that opinion from a well informed standpoint that is first hand, not second hand, nor inuendo."

Interesting. 😉

 

And even more telling is the first half of that statement:

"To anyone reading this thread and wondering if they should be excited about P3Dv6 and/or Unreal Engine and/or a massive graphic engine overhaul and/or none of that but something else:

Please know that about 95% of what is written in this thread regarding P3Dv6 is speculative, even when represented otherwise."

Seems to confirm what we've thought for a while now in reading between the lines, that v6 will not be a massive groundbreaking update based on unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DChockey08 said:

And even more telling is the first half of that statement:

"To anyone reading this thread and wondering if they should be excited about P3Dv6 and/or Unreal Engine and/or a massive graphic engine overhaul and/or none of that but something else:

Please know that about 95% of what is written in this thread regarding P3Dv6 is speculative, even when represented otherwise."

Seems to confirm what we've thought for a while now in reading between the lines, that v6 will not be a massive groundbreaking update based on unreal. 

I think he means all of the comments are speculation and nobody who commented in that thread has any first hand knowledge on what to expect.

 

although I agree with you that it won’t be groundbreaking based on Unreal, but that’s my speculation! 


Orman

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, BlueStar said:

There is a thread in the PMDG forum about P3dv6 where Robert made the following comment - 

"Please know that about 95% of what is written in this thread regarding P3Dv6 is speculative,............

All very well and good..............But what about the remaining 5% ? 😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, georgio1952 said:

I'll wait until i see what happens, i don't think i'll go back to MSFS.

That's the best idea. Wait, because the only ones who REALLY know are the insiders at LM, and we all know how silent they are. There's nothing any of us can say or do that will change that.

If there's a new version, or if P3D ceases to exist, it's totally out of our hands.  


Pete Locascio

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tamba765 said:

or if P3D ceases to exist..

That would be tricky! They’d have to come to every customer and wipe the drive.

Or perhaps you mean v5 is the last one. It isn’t, trust me. 😁


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

LOL I’ll take Rays word over RRs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.


Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

LOL I’ll take Rays word over RRs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

What Robert said was accurate. People are speculating. And he's under LM's NDA. I doubt Ray is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...