Sign in to follow this  
demontraitor

Very quiet responses

Hi Dave,

just to give jou an idea what happen when I use Beta, on the Windows Mixer panel the Pilot2ATC volume goes to 3% . it does not matter how many time I set to 1000%, it goes back to 3%,  on the printscreen you see for an example, I am not flying at the moment just give an idea, the other sound is stay 100% except for Pilot2atc, but this issue does  not happend when I use Non Beta.

https://ibb.co/7YKFR8Y

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

John,

That is the symptom when the Communications actions in Sound settings is not set to "Do Nothing".  I would recheck that setting.

I just flew a flight with MSFS and the Public Beta 1b and had normal/unchanged volume all the way.  I was hoping to replicate the issue, but couldn't.

I was using normal desktop voices from Microsoft and IVONA, no networked voices like AWS Polly.  Don't know if that made a difference.

Dave

Sarah,

I thought your problem was that the Windows Volume dropped, not just P2A's volume.  But I didn't get that either in my test flight.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

One thing you might try, is to check your App Volume and Device Preference settings.  In settings, go to System->Sound->Advanced sound options (At the bottom of the page).  

On that page you'll see a list of all the programs running that are using the Windows Sound engine.  You could try shutting down all except the System, SIM and P2A and see if that makes a difference.

Also, I saw one video addressing this volume decreasing issue that suggested manually setting the device for each application on this page.  So, that might be another thing to try.

Dave

Just now, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Sarah,

I thought your problem was that the Windows Volume dropped, not just P2A's volume.

Dave

No, that was a misunderstanding. It is only the loudest of P2ATC quieter. I turn it up to 100% and it goes back down to under 10% on its own BUT I think it's related to FS2Crew. 

Running without FS2Crew would be a good experiment.  Depending on how they implemented their Speech functions there could be some "interference".

Let us know what happens.

Dave

• Like 1

FS2Crew always has the mic on. I think that is the problem. Before I did not have it on and I think that then P2ATC would have worked. But I'll test it again in more detail and let you know 🙂

12 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

John,

That is the symptom when the Communications actions in Sound settings is not set to "Do Nothing".  I would recheck that setting.

I just flew a flight with MSFS and the Public Beta 1b and had normal/unchanged volume all the way.  I was hoping to replicate the issue, but couldn't.

I was using normal desktop voices from Microsoft and IVONA, no networked voices like AWS Polly.  Don't know if that made a difference.

Dave

Dave, mine always set to "Do Nothing", I know this for sure  as I use Multicrew Experience this software always show or set to "Do Nothing" for Prepare3D V5 start, I forgot to mention that this issue happend with Prepare3D V5. I do not tested yet with MSFS2020

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Only the level of P2A in the Windows Mixer goes down !? The master Volume stays the same - and other application-volumes as desired !

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Hi Dave, I wanted to intentionally reconstruct the problem today, however no matter what I tried, the problem does not occur. I just do not understand the problem. Yesterday I had it. Today not, until now. Neither with FS2Crew nor without. Then I thought to myself, maybe it is because of Discord. But also nothing. I do not understand 😄

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Only the level of P2A in the Windows Mixer goes down !? The master Volume stays the same - and other application-volumes as desired !

Yes, only the level of P2A in the Windows mixer goes down?

John Liem

2 hours ago, SarahSway said:

Hi Dave, I wanted to intentionally reconstruct the problem today, however no matter what I tried, the problem does not occur. I just do not understand the problem. Yesterday I had it. Today not, until now. Neither with FS2Crew nor without. Then I thought to myself, maybe it is because of Discord. But also nothing. I do not understand 😄

Hi Sarah what do you mean because of Discord, I am also on Discoard, but when I am using the P2A, I am not on Discord.

Edited by johnliem
typo

John Liem

2 hours ago, johnliem said:

Hi Sarah what do you mean because of Discord, I am also on Discoard, but when I am using the P2A, I am not on Discord.

I thought maybe Discord was triggering the problem. But as I said, I could not reconstruct it now 🤔

okay 😉

John Liem