Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

G36 Improvement Project

Thanks @mikegrr

I'm really enjoying developing in MSFS and want to push to model as many systems as I can, from deeper engine logic like spark fouling to a complete electrical system.

• Like 2

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Call for interest!

Hey all, I was chatting to a friend the other day about organising a Bonanza Improvement Mod Multiplayer flight and wondered what the interest might be?

I was thinking something on a weekend and at a time that works for both US and EU time zones, perhaps something in the region 1900 UTC which would be 1400 EST / 1100 PST.

Perhaps lasting around an hour or so flying between two interesting locations and checking out things as we go.

We would host the event on our Simulated.Flights Discord with the ability of people to use voice or text chat to communicate.

Who’s In? Thoughts? Ideas?

We are a great community and it would be awesome to get together with a few of you.

Matt

• Like 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

2 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

Call for interest!

Hey all, I was chatting to a friend the other day about organising a Bonanza Improvement Mod Multiplayer flight and wondered what the interest might be?

I was thinking something on a weekend and at a time that works for both US and EU time zones, perhaps something in the region 1900 UTC which would be 1400 EST / 1100 PST.

Perhaps lasting around an hour or so flying between two interesting locations and checking out things as we go.

We would host the event on our Simulated.Flights Discord with the ability of people to use voice or text chat to communicate.

Who’s In? Thoughts? Ideas?

We are a great community and it would be awesome to get together with a few of you.

Matt

I would love to do this.  I am struggling with my internet speed at the moment to even load the ground tiles quickly enough, but I will look into it.  I have never done online at all yet! 
I was looking at joining Two Tone Murphy at some stage, as he does some good tours - he has had the sky full of planes at times.

I bet Overkill on YouTube would be interested.  He is a fairly well known MSFS content creator, and really rates you mod. 
I was watching his flight into the new Martha's Vineyard addon last night using your excellent G36 mod.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi All

I am pleased to announce the release of 0.6.7 of the Improvement Project compatible with Sim Update 8 🙂

https://flightsim.to/file/21221/bonanza-g36-improvement-project

New in this version:

• Added functionality to Hangar Module (we now save engine hours, miles flown, and count down to annual and 100hr service per livery) state saving items are shown on the State page (menu link at top)
  • Fixed missing altitude alert tone @200ft to go
  • Tweaked fuel flow as current flow slightly less than book figures (Rpt by @JayDee6281)
  • Fixed missing decimal point to manifold pressure gauge
  • Added SU8 Prop Modelling - This has changed the speeds/fuel flows it may take a little while to dial this in. At the moment the climb fuel flow is slightly lower than book and cruise is about there.

P.S. I’ve just noticed a bug has creeped in with the total hours in the hangar panel which I thought I had fixed. I will release a small bugfix in the next few days.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Hi All

I am pleased to announce the release of 0.6.8 of the Improvement Project compatible with Sim Update 9 🙂

New in this version:

• After the addition of the Asobo prop modelling physics and the new CFD simulation the performance figures were well off, these have now been fixed and are as close as I can get them to the POH figures. We are at most 2/3knts TAS out from our testing and within a sing gph or less for fuel burn.

Fair winds

Matt

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CaptMatto said:

Hi All

I am pleased to announce the release of 0.6.8 of the Improvement Project compatible with Sim Update 9 🙂

Thanks Matt - superb!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 1

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

This is an amazing mod @CaptMatto - thanks so much for making it!

I often find this aircraft more tempting than payware, and fly it a lot!

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

What's the difference between @CaptMatto and Robert's mod? Which would you guys recommend? 

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

3 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

What's the difference between @CaptMatto and Robert's mod? Which would you guys recommend? 

Heard very good things about Matto's work and he updates a lot more often. Robert haven't updated in over 7 months now. So I'd definitely go for Matto's. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Robert has simulated an aftermarket modified aircraft with turbo-normalisation, i.e. the engine behaves like it's at sea level until quite high up. You set the mixture and forget it effectively.

The Improvement Project retains the original naturally aspirated engine as it left the factory. It has many system improvements (e.g. automatic bus ties, air-conditioning engine load, spark plug fouling) and G1000 NXI integration that Robert hasn't done.

Both mods have refined the flight dynamics, in the case of the Improvement Project it's utilising the new CFD. Robert hasn't updated his mod since those became available.

You can have both installed at once, Robert's overwrites the default G36 but the Improvement Project adds a new aircraft in the selection list.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 5

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks all! I'll be starting a World Tour with the G36. If anyone wants to join, feel free to add me on Discord!

iFlySimX#0116

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case