Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

G36 Improvement Project

Recommended Posts

@Matchstick

Using our most recent Beta 3 (https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/tree/development) will give you a seperate G36 in your aircraft list in the sim. It will be listed as G36 Improvement Project. To install both mods you just need to drop their respective folders into the community folder as if you're installing two seperate mods.

No overwriting is required. Our mod doesn't reference the default Bonanza at all now and is its own entity.

Hope that makes sense?

Regards

Matt

Edited by CaptMatto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah right I think I misunderstood that you were talking about using the Turbo changes within your mod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

@Matchstick

Using our most recent Beta 3 (https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/tree/development) will give you a seperate G36 in your aircraft list in the sim. It will be listed as G36 Improvement Project. To install both mods you just need to drop their respective folders into the community folder as if you're installing two seperate mods.

No overwriting is required. Our mod doesn't reference the default Bonanza at all now and is its own entity.

Hope that makes sense?

Regards

Matt

Aren't you going to put this version on Flightsim.to? I usually prefer to download from there, easier to know when a new version is available.


Alvega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Aren't you going to put this version on Flightsim.to? I usually prefer to download from there, easier to know when a new version is available.

@Alvega

Definitely! I wanted to test this as a beta first to ensure all works ok and do a little more work on the hangar module but It looks like this is a stable release so all being well I will push a new release out in the next week. The official releases always lag a few weeks behind beta releases, this allows us to make sure all the features are in place and working smoothly before we go live with a new major version.

 

 

  • Like 3

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sneak peak of what's coming next with the mod. This is the initial UI for our in-game hangar module where you'll manage your aircraft and all state saving functions. We have it in game and in test currently, our next steps are to release a very basic version then flesh out deeper systems modelling in the engine etc.

spacer.png

Edited by CaptMatto
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CaptMatto  I really like what you have done with this mod and the direction you are going. 

Separating it from the default model and a potential clash with the RY Turbo mod was definitely the right thing to do. :smile:

This is already a very good project, but it has the potential to become absolutely stellar - going in the direction of something like an A2A project.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel 13900KF in a ROG Strix Z690 motherboard with water cooling, EVGA RTX 3080Ti, 32 GB Patriot 4400 DDR4 RAM (but running 3800 CL15), 3 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2, with MSFS on a Samsung 980 pro (7 GB/s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

@CaptMatto  I really like what you have done with this mod and the direction you are going. 

Separating it from the default model and a potential clash with the RY Turbo mod was definitely the right thing to do. :smile:

This is already a very good project, but it has the potential to become absolutely stellar - going in the direction of something like an A2A project.

@bobcat999 thank you, that is very kind! 

I really hope we can reach some of that fidelity, as with any project lots of learning, but MSFS has some fantastic potencial. I'm so glad we have a couple of real Bonanza pilots on the team who can validate our changes.

🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The G36 mod definitely my favourite and one of my most used MFS mods. Coupled with the G1000NX it makes an enjoyable and very versatile tourer. The new in-game hangar looks awesome. Perhaps somewhere down the line you can make up for some of MFS's piston engine model shortcomings, such as spark plug fouling and vapour lock?

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

The G36 mod definitely my favourite and one of most used MFS mods. Coupled with the G1000NX it makes for an enjoyable and very versatile tourer. The new in-game hangar looks awesome. Perhaps somewhere down the line you can make up for some of MFS's piston engine model shortcomings, such as spark plug fouling and vapour lock?

We have spark fouling in test at the moment 🙂

I'd like to add as much depth as we can over time. I'm not a IRL pilot so it takes a while to make sure that what I read and learn about the G36 engine and piston mechanics is referenced to our real world bonanza pilots to ensure we are as accurate with the modelling as possible. A fantastically steep learning curve but also fun (maybe) he he.

We'll be incrementally releasing features as we refine each one rather than saving them up for a big release.

Edited by CaptMatto
  • Like 3

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CaptMatto said:

We have spark fouling in test at the moment 🙂

I'd like to add as much depth as we can over time. I'm not a IRL pilot so it takes a while to make sure that what I read and learn about the G36 engine and piston mechanics is referenced to our real world bonanza pilots to ensure we are as accurate with the modelling as possible. A fantastically steep learning curve but also fun (maybe) he he.

We'll be incrementally releasing features as we refine each one rather than saving them up for a big release.

I have all the JustFlight and Ceranado GAs in the hangar, well almost, so which one preferred for me? No, my friend, it's the G36 Improvement Project. Still learning the glass panel and IFR, and the C172 Classic has retired which is my favorite previously. If we can get a steam gauge version, oh man.

No offense but i've tweaked the Cameras settings a little bit in the cfg by following, much better for me especially during approach and landing.

"Pilot"
InitialZoom =0.30
... ...
InitialXyz = -0.025, 0.2, -0.03
InitialPbh = -3, 0, 0

Looking forward to the features upcoming and really appreciate for your excellent work.

Kind regarts.

 

  • Like 2

R9-5950X // 32Gb@3600 // B550 Unify // 3090 TUF OC // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Nuctua D15 // Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 // LG GP-850 1440P@180Hz // HOTAS WARTHOG&TFRP // Windows 11

Sorry for my pathetic English , thank you.😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icantfly said:

I have all the JustFlight and Ceranado GAs in the hangar, well almost, so which one preferred for me? No, my friend, it's the G36 Improvement Project. Still learning the glass panel and IFR, and the C172 Classic has retired which is my favorite previously. If we can get a steam gauge version, oh man.

No offense but i've tweaked the Cameras settings a little bit in the cfg by following, much better for me especially during approach and landing.


"Pilot"
InitialZoom =0.30
... ...
InitialXyz = -0.025, 0.2, -0.03
InitialPbh = -3, 0, 0

Looking forward to the features upcoming and really appreciate for your excellent work.

Kind regarts.

 

Wow! Thank you!!!

Thanks for pasting your camera settings, I'll have a look and see what the team think. 🙂

 


Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what you do. Great work on the ASI. Adding other liveries is easy. Thanks!


http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

I am very pleased to announce the release of 0.6.6 BETA 4

Installation:

1: Download and install the Working Title NXi from the store Marketplace

2: Download from the Github Development Branch and unzip the folder ‘bonanza-g36-improvement-project’ in to your MSFS Community folder

⚠️ PLEASE NOTE - WE HAVE REMOVED THE ‘Z’ FROM THE FOLDER NAME, ENSURE YOU REMOVE THE OLD VERSION PRIOR TO USING THIS ONE!! ⚠️

Change log:

  • NEW! Spark Plug Fouling - if you don’t lean correctly both on the ground and in the air your plugs will encounter spark fouling, losing RPM and engine power. If you leave the plugs fouled the engine will continue to lose power until finally shutting off. After leaning the effect will take a time to work itself out.
  • NEW! Initial Aircraft Hangar - in game panel. Will tell you if your aircraft has been subjected to spark fouling.
    spacer.png
  • New! The Bonanza G36 Improvement Project is now listed as its own aircraft in the menu rather than overwriting the default aircraft - this allows the use of both our mod and Robert Young's turbo.
  • New! Aircraft Persistence, all switches and fuel tanks are saved between flights
  • New! Aircraft Persistence, saves for different liveries - have multiple Bonanzas in your fleet all with different personalities
  • Reworked Engine performance figures: after more than 30hrs of testing and tweaking, the engine performance figures match the POH as close as we can get them and have been verified by real Bonanza pilots. TAS is within 0.22kts on average across the altitude spectrum and fuel flow within 1g/h.
  • Fixed: NXi Engine System Page spacing
  • Fixed: Aircraft getting stuck on the ground. Changed nose height on gear to reflect reference pictures, increased nose gear damping affect, thanks to Synoxys787 for his help and research
  • Fixed: Missing registration and ASI error, thanks to Bert Pieke on Avsim.

 

Please give this a test and let me know what you think. I’d value as much feedback as you can give, if there are no issues I’ll be pushing out a full release to flightsim.to in the next week.

Enjoy

Matt

Edited by CaptMatto
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptMatto said:

New! The Bonanza G36 Improvement Project is now listed as its own aircraft in the menu rather than overwriting the default aircraft - this allows the use of both our mod and Robert Young's turbo.

That's great. I was previously on the fence about this mod as was very happy with Rob's work, but if I can now have my cake and eat it, I will!

  • Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, X34 3440x1440, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update! I appreciate the hard work to upgrade this awesome bird.

  • Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...