Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

sp1

Guest stew286

hi all. The post that has been removed.1 while i was disscusing sp1 with gary summens the reply was also interjected with phil from aces.We did not discuss the entire sp1 just clarifying one or two points about it.Stuart H was quite right in his point we did not breach any code of silence with Microsoft.I am a commercial scenery writer and the points i raised with phil about the round earth not being altered started the discussion.The dx1 issue is very important to scenery design,that will allow a lot of buildings to be used with the FSX SDK.I am sure that Gary did not mean to cause any offence, and did not breach his confidentiallity with MS.I was discussing the FPS in SP1 and Phil replied with some information,we all discussed the current and the future performance with SP1.WHY THIS WAS REMOVED FROM YOUR FORUM you can only say.The snippet came from a public web site with a discussion with a person from the aces team.Discussion about a patch from Microsoft has never been scrutinised or speculated on, this can only be GOOD for the aces team,it shows that they are concerened about all the flight simmers out there.NO publicity is BAD publicity.Microsoft have deemed FSX a commercial success,in less than a year from release.I hope this will satisfy all at avsim and allow pre sp1 posts.Gary Summens is a well respected airport designer in the UK.His renditions of UK Airports are purchased worlwide for there quality and accuracy he was one of the obvious choices for a BETA tester he has never divulged information he was not allowed to on any website.the other stu hstewart haworth

Guest allcott

His name is SummOns. If you are going to stand up for someone at least spell his name correctly. Otherwise you look like an idiot.And check the forum rules. The moderators may remove a thread or post at their whim. That is what you (only recently?) signed up to when you accepted the Terms and Conditions of the forum membership. You are owed no explanation.Get over it.Allcott

I haven't noticed any SP1 threads/posts that are now missing. I've gotta be quicker sometimes.:-lol

Guest stew286

TO BE QUITE honest nit picking about a spelling mistake is not very constructive.For you GARY one r Summons.Satisfied.stewps I have been a member of avsim since 2002 but lost my user and passwords have uploaded scenery files and have discussed numerous things just re-registered new e-mail address

Don't know what post you are referring to that was deleted, the only post I know of relating to what Gary Summons said in his Blog, is still there "Positive SP1 Comments". AVSIM has long since had a policy of not allowing posts from Beta Testers currently under a NDA! So if you (or the poster is or appeared to be a Beta tester in that post, I can see why it may have been removed. AVSIM doesn't have the resources to police what can or can not be made public during a ongoing Beta test, so they have to have a blanket policy. The above mentioned post was not removed since the original poster was not a Beta Tester and therefore not under the NDA.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Stewart,The thread is currently locked, but can still be found here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=392213As you may note, I stated in the thread that I would remove any threads that breached NDA or if ACES team members contacted me to state that they felt a thread breached it. However, the thread is still there, as none of that happened.Please read the rest of the thread, specifically the personal attacks and arguing, to get an idea of why I locked it. That sort of behavior is against the rules here, so I locked it.Please, in the future contact an admin directly, either via email, pm, or the "Report" link on a thread.Thanks,