Sign in to follow this  
robert young

BonanzaTurbo V4.1 hotfix released

Just as a heads up Rob, now that link is linking to different accounts each time its accessed.

First it was keith s, tried it again and it was ballibilly something, then it was veronica or jessica something or other.

The name keeps changing now.

At first it was consistently keith s..

Somethings not right. 

Edited by christb
spelling

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

34 minutes ago, christb said:

Just as a heads up Rob, now that link is linking to different accounts each time its accessed.

First it was keith s, tried it again and it was ballibilly something, then it was veronica or jessica something or other.

The name keeps changing now.

At first it was consistently keith s..

Somethings not right. 

I will PM you and we'll sort it out. I have checked the two links I have offered and they work for me. Don't worry. We'll get the bottom of it. Thank you.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Copy. got it.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

cYmsOEn.jpg

This photo evokes everything was precious to me as a kid working as a lineman, pumping gas, building time and scrounging a flight in anything and everything that pulled up to the pumps.  I was lucky to be 16 at a time when liability was not all pervasive, and kindness was prevalent.  I was lucky to get time in everything from a Pietenpol to a SII, and incredibly flew quite far across country, bumming rides with complete strangers, with whom the only thing in common was aviation.  As a kid, I would get up early, while the fog was still on the runway from the canal just beside it, and take off (probably illegally, but the statute of limitations is long past) climb out and break into the dawn at about 300' and then fly to Lakeland for breakfast.  The air was thick and still.  There was no convective activity, yet. I was motionless, and the fields rolled by under my wing. If it was a special day I'd go to Cedar Key for lunch.  If it was even more special, I'd make it to Paige in Ft. Meyer's for dinner.

Still, there was this pretty A36 at the field that was always turning my head.  The businessman who owned it got tired of refusing me a chance to polish his aeroplane gratis.  You see, at the time, lying on my back under a wing with an orbital slinging polish across my glasses was appealing.  After the polish, which took all weekend, with his lovely wife bringing me lemonade and cookies each day when they came out to check on my progress; the guy couldn't help himself (especially with the wife's elbow in his side).  I was offered a ride and there and then, I figured out, that without going turbine, a Bonanza was the ultimate personal aeroplane.

I remember the stability, solidity, luxury (keep in mind I mostly flew a 7AC) and sheer thrill of flying this high performance aircraft.  I remember the smell of the leather. I especially remember the felt balanced weight of the Continental just ahead of the flrewall, and the way it ploughed through the air.  Well, that memory came flooding back the first time I rotated Robert's aeroplane.  There are many who design flight simulator aircraft. There are very few who do it well.  Robert Young is one such individual.  Feel of flight is something I spend much time trying to recapture.  There are developers who release very pretty aircraft that fall flat on their face trying to transmit that feel.  Here in the Turbo Normalized G36, with the nose moving, the sidewalls reassuringly insulated and swaying inches from my elbow, the heavy engine pulling with all its horses to 20,000 and the earth rolling by, below- I can feel flight.

I got to know that A36 quite well.  As luck would have it, the guy used it for transport, but wasn't enamored with flight.  When he found a reasonably competent pilot, who would allow him to review his spreadsheets while taking him around the state FOR FREE, he thought it was an excellent idea.  I did too.  Sadly the aeroplane and the pilot are long gone, but here again is that experience! 

If you get to know Robert's aeroplane like I have, and feel grateful as I do, please consider a donation to him. He's a gem, and we are lucky to have his talent at our disposal.

Best- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

8 hours ago, robert young said:

I will PM you and we'll sort it out. I have checked the two links I have offered and they work for me. Don't worry. We'll get the bottom of it. Thank you.

This is now sorted. For others, please be assured the links in this thread, and those at Nexus and Github, will take you to the correct account.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks for all the kind words in your PMs, but PLEASE use the DONATE button to show your tangible appreciation to RY.

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Rob,

Just had the BEST flight with v4.1.  Flew north, up the Hudson river, VFR.  Past NYC, the Tappan Zee, West Point, etc (Using Bijan Fall Season) all the way up to Saratoga. Mostly hand flown, almost a sin to press AP.  Best flight I've had in a long time. Don't known how you can get that 'feel' so perfect (as Carl said) but we are so fortunate to have you with us.  I pray you will continue, good health at the forefront.  I mashed the donate button as soon as I landed.  Not life changing, obviously, but just as a thank you for the past, the present, and whatever the future holds for us...

Godspeed Rob

Best,

Jay

Edited by jaybird1nyc
  • Like 4

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Couple of questions:

- What is the best procedure for adjusting the G36 Turbo mixture setting?

- Will the G1000NXi fly a missed approach, and if so how do you initiate it?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Couple of questions:

- What is the best procedure for adjusting the G36 Turbo mixture setting?

- Will the G1000NXi fly a missed approach, and if so how do you initiate it?

Thanks,

Al

1) ROP or LOP? Turbo or turbo normalized? Generally you want full MIX to the TOC and then after about 1 min, throttle to 2500 RPM (top of green) and MIX back to 50 LOP for cruise. You can do LOP climbs to save some gas on long trips but its pain to adjust... 🙂 

2) Yes you should see it sequenced in the FP. TOGA button for command bars to climb and NAV.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

37 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

1) ROP or LOP? Turbo or turbo normalized? Generally you want full MIX to the TOC and then after about 1 min, throttle to 2500 RPM (top of green) and MIX back to 50 LOP for cruise. You can do LOP climbs to save some gas on long trips but its pain to adjust... 🙂 

2) Yes you should see it sequenced in the FP. TOGA button for command bars to climb and NAV.

Thanks for the response.

I assume negative delta temp values on the MFD indicated LOP, and positive delta values ROP.

Does the TOGA button on the G36 throttle work? Also, while the MAP is loaded in the FP, I can't see to trigger the AP to fly the MAP.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, jaybird1nyc said:

Rob,

Just had the BEST flight with v4.1.  Flew north, up the Hudson river, VFR.  Past NYC, the Tappan Zee, West Point, etc (Using Bijan Fall Season) all the way up to Saratoga. Mostly hand flown, almost a sin to press AP.  Best flight I've had in a long time. Don't known how you can get that 'feel' so perfect (as Carl said) but we are so fortunate to have you with us.  I pray you will continue, good health at the forefront.  I mashed the donate button as soon as I landed.  Not life changing, obviously, but just as a thank you for the past, the present, and whatever the future holds for us...

Godspeed Rob

Best,

Jay

What a lovely post. Thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed your flight. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, robert young said:

What a lovely post. Thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed your flight. 

My flight today was also flawless. I intentionally set up a nearly 90° intercept to my flight plan after takeoff it it was handled smoothly with not discernable serpentining. And handling both ground and aloft are not only improved, both are realistic. Great effort, great results!

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Rob this is absolutely fantastic! It's replaced my JF Turbo Arrow - it's that good! My only suggestion is to post it on Flightsim.to (with your donation link of course!). There are TONS of people who would really enjoy your creation but probably know nothing about it because they don't visit Avsim!

Former Child, Current Adult

3 hours ago, liamp51 said:

Rob this is absolutely fantastic! It's replaced my JF Turbo Arrow - it's that good! My only suggestion is to post it on Flightsim.to (with your donation link of course!). There are TONS of people who would really enjoy your creation but probably know nothing about it because they don't visit Avsim!

I wanted to wait and get positive feedback before unleashing it at Flightsim.to. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2