Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

This was posted by  @BobbyFuzzy - very informative.

Hey @Bad_T I made my own tutorial video based on what you did in yours! I also included setup in MSFS and some discussion on VATSIM model matching + a VMR I created. Hopefully it can help anyone who wants something with more narration! 

Edited by vgbaron
at request of OP
  • Like 24
  • Upvote 4

im combination with the written tutorial you should all be ready to setup OCI within AIM, and as said by Bad_T I am sure there will be soon a more advanced video comming. It jsut took a few days in P3D to get multiple setup videos on youtube^^

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Looking good1 How does the settings within MSFS look like?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Looking good1 How does the settings within MSFS look like?

disable all kind of airplane AI Traffic incl. Parked AI Aircraft and Generics

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

No sound and everything goes at rocket speed, no I will wait for a more serious tutorial for this.

hihi yep, sure, i put the disclaimer in the text, it's just a quick tease and little quick reference for those who might need when it's released before some better official come out. By no mean it was my intention to have a full serious tutorial and the description separated from the video in the text is certainly very 'lame'. i knew this before posting 😛🙊

I'm not a 'content creator', i have no clue how to make cool videos, it was just so people can have a better idea about what to expect. I read in the other thread several comments about how complicated it would be, so with the video i hope it can show that it's all fairly simple. When it comes out, a few guys might find some help in the video to set up things from scatch (by pausing the video if necessary) until the real YT tutorial come out.

When it's released officially i'm sure you'll find lots of video on YT with your favorite cool presenter explaining everything 🍺

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 9

oh btw, probably clear for everyone but just to mention it anyway, some time was cut (that's where my video skills end, oh no wait i put those little smilies over the login/password, that's editing too haha 😁😁) in the loading phases (or when installing flightplans), so yeah in real time it would take a few minutes more than that. But other than that, all the clicks starting from scratch were recorded so there's not much more than that needed to get started.

Edited by Bad_T

2 hours ago, Bad_T said:

The goal is to show that it's very easy, with the PDF tutorial there is a lot to read and it might seem difficult, but with a video you really can see it only take a few clicks.

Thanks for posting this, Bad_T.

Looks like its use is pretty similar to the AIG Tools for P3D. Can't wait to have this installed on my sim computers.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks for posting this, Bad_T.

Looks like its use is pretty similar to the AIG Tools for P3D. Can't wait to have this installed on my sim computers.

actual the same^^ AIM 1.1 supports P3D and MSFS since I wanted to develop one software 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

actual the same^^ AIM 1.1 supports P3D and MSFS since I wanted to develop one software 😉

Actually, I haven't used P3D in months and I'm now thinking on uninstalling it completely to look for more disk space. If that's the case I would do a fresh install of the AIM when the public beta comes online.

Thanks for your hard work in making this possible for MSFS.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

Actually, I haven't used P3D in months and I'm now thinking on uninstalling it completely to look for more disk space. If that's the case I would do a fresh install of the AIM when the public beta comes online.

Thanks for your hard work in making this possible for MSFS.

P3D OCI and MSFS are not compatible, you would always need a 100% reinstall

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing AIG/AIM working on MSFS2020. (And here's to hoping I still can find the link to where to download the product by that time 🙂 )

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just now, hvw said:

Looking forward to seeing AIG/AIM working on MSFS2020. (And here's to hoping I still can find the link to where to download the product by that time 🙂 )

i am sure you will find the URL 😉

• Like 2

Thank you Bad_T for posting this.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

(Word not allowed)!  I saw this thread and thought "they must have just released it!"  Oh, well... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080